Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#207374 - 27/02/2004 10:53 playing from playlist
edsmiata
addict

Loc: New Jersey
All of my songs are sorted into play lists. When I want to play all of my songs in un-shuffle mode they always come up in the same order, but i cant seem to figure out the logic by which the player begins playing these songs!

So my question is...if i drill down to the furst level of the playlists and begin playing..what is the determinant from where it starts..and is there a way to change this?

Ed

#207375 - 27/02/2004 11:00 Re: playing from playlist [Re: edsmiata]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
In "unshuffled" mode, the order is the order of the tracks or playlists that's shown in Emplode's "Position" column (in "details view.) So if you do a "down down down" to play all of your music and you're not shuffled, the first track in the first playlist will play. If you drill down deeper, the first track in the first sub-playlist (again, determined by emplode's "Position" field) is played. You can re-order these playlists and tracks by doing a "change sort order" in emplode, or by manually moving tracks up and down (holding Alt or Ctrl, I forget which, it's probably in the FAQ though.)

If you don't have the "Position" field listed in emplode, it can be added by right clicking on the column headers in "Details" view and choosing "Select Columns" or "Add/Remove Columns" or somesuch.

#207376 - 27/02/2004 11:04 Re: playing from playlist [Re: tonyc]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
it's probably in the FAQ though
The FAQ on track and playlist ordering is here.

#207377 - 27/02/2004 11:11 Re: playing from playlist [Re: tfabris]
edsmiata
addict

Loc: New Jersey
Got it....thanks!