Some people (including myself) have had a problem in that a Personal Message will be waiting, but no PM flashing icon appears.

You can test this quickly to see if you have the problem by clicking on the "My Home" tab at the top of this page, and (1) If you have some PMs there that you didn't know about, you have the problem; or (2) send yourself a PM (the bbs will let you do that!) and then refresh the screen by keying in Ctrl-R or just select the "Main Index" menu item and see if you have the flashing icon.

If you don't, this is what fixed the problem for me: (help courtesy of Tony Fabris)

- Make sure your shortcut points to empegbbs.com instead of empeg.comms.net or www.empegbbs.com (so you avoid redirects).

- logout.

- Clear cache

- Clear cookies

then log back into the bbs and see if the problem is solved.

If you are as computer-ignorant as I was, you clear the cache and cookies (in Internet Explorer) by choosing Tools/Internet Options and there in the middle of the newly opened dialog box you can click on "Delete Cookies" and "Delete Files".

It worked for me, might be interesting to see if it works for other people as well.

tanstaafl.