Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#257923 - 09/06/2005 04:55 Deleting old songs
firestarter
new poster

Loc: England
Hmm, I may just not have read the instructions properly...

But I dug my old Empeg out, and am using it in another show car I have built, now, I uploaded a load of new music, and then deleted a load of old music I didnt want on it anymore. The Emplode sortware said that although I was deleting the music from the playlists, it was not deleted from the player???? is this right? How can I delete it from the player? How do I create more space on the disk if I cant delete old music?

Cheers - Geoff.
Mk1 Empeg.

#257924 - 09/06/2005 09:29 Re: Deleting old songs [Re: firestarter]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
If you would have checked the little box in the same window that told you the songs were not being removed from the player, it would have actually removed them. This allows you to remove songs from a certain playlist, but not the whole player (as in when a song appears in several playlists at once - you don't need multiple copies of the song).

To remove any "orphaned" songs that are on your player but not appearing in a playlist, do an Advanced Search for "refs=0" (remove quotes). This will show all of them. Just do a Control-A or select all of them and delete. This will free up hard drive space.

#257925 - 09/06/2005 14:21 Re: Deleting old songs [Re: firestarter]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Also make sure you're using version 2.0 of the player firmware and the emplode software.

#257926 - 10/06/2005 04:53 Re: Deleting old songs [Re: tfabris]
firestarter
new poster

Loc: England
Yep, thanks.

When I dug the player out again, it didnt USB etc etc cos I was on XP now, thus I had to come here and dig out the latest instuctions and load version 2 software etc.

Very handy this site is still running - thanks

The player is still running like a dream (bar me not being able to use the radio properly as I lost my instructions) and the player even has the warranty seals!!!!

Maybe I do need a bigger disk drive at some point though, I only bought a 4 gig...

#257927 - 14/06/2005 14:53 Re: Deleting old songs [Re: firestarter]
edsmiata
addict

Loc: New Jersey
well...given the price of drives the step up to a 10 or 20 gig justifies the investment over a 4 gig, otherwise given the purpose of the player, the 4 gig will be filled pretty fast