Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#284208 - 07/07/2006 20:26 New hard drive, why does the position start on # 2?
jbauer
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Hi All,

I set up 2 new hard drives in my empeg and am copying my mp3s as I type this. I have genres as my top level folders. In emplode, the position column indicates that the first entry on my list is # 2... Why isn't it # 1?

Couldn't find anything in the faq. Why is this happening? I don't remember it doing that before...

- Thanx
- Jon

#284209 - 07/07/2006 20:57 Re: New hard drive, why does the position start on # 2? [Re: jbauer]
jbauer
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
One more thing...

So I have my empeg organized like this: genre, artist, album

When I mass copy a genre from my backed up mp3s to my empeg, of course the folders are created properly, but the folder for each album doesn't have info doesn't have the year in it, so my albums are not sorted as I'd like them to be. It's gonna take a LONG time for me to fill in the year for each album, the artist name, etc.

Anyone have any shortcuts for this kinda thang?

- Thanx
- Jon

#284210 - 07/07/2006 23:06 Re: New hard drive, why does the position start on # 2? [Re: jbauer]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I never bother to fill out things like the year field on the playlists. Only on the song files themselves. It doesn't take that long to sort albums by their dates, just view details, sort by position, and alt-drag the albums up and down in the list.

Of course, I don't even bother doing that. Having the albums in year-order isn't something I get anal about. As long as the songs are tagged by year and display the correct year, I'm happy.

A shortcut would be to use Jemplode's soup views, I suppose, which in theory can create that kind of stuff based on the tags.

Regarding your other question, I believe (not sure) that the hidden folder "unattached items" is number 1. I seem to recall that it's hidden because people asked too many questions about it or something.