Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#823 - 02/11/1999 09:07 Millenium
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
Is the empeg Y2K compliant, Hugo? Have you issued a statement of compliance to reassure all your worried customers? What will happen to my car if it isn't? Will it stop dead in the outside lane at the rollover time on December 31st, or simply burst into flames? What on earth would anyone in their right minds be doing in the outside lane of the motorway on New Year's eve anyway? Wouldn't they be better off at home watching some horrible BBC Hogmanay show complete with lots of strange men wearing skirts? Are you sure the Police wouldn't be interested in the reasons for you being in a car and not lying on the floor under a continuous flow of low-quality champange designed purely to get you exceptionally pissed? I mean, surely the last thing you should be worried about at this time of the year is whether or not your empeg is going to stop dead right at the very time where it's Party Power (TM) is of utmost importance? Shouldn't we all be worried about how our personal standing may suffer as a result of the serious loss of street cred at The End Of The Millenium (TM)?

I think we have a right to know, you know...

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#824 - 02/11/1999 09:43 Re: Millenium [Re: schofiel]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
We are totally millenium compliant. In fact, I've had absolutely no problems playing any of Robbie Williams' hits.

;)

Hugo
(We don't have a RTC, hence the year 2000 is about as much interest to an empeg as it is to my microwave)

#825 - 02/11/1999 09:49 Re: Millenium [Re: altman]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
But but but...

Surely ALLcomputers, including my microwave, won't be able to make toast on Jan. 1st, 20,000? My friend bought an Incredibly Big Machine the other day, surely this must have some effect on the empeg?

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#826 - 02/11/1999 13:23 Re: Millenium [Re: schofiel]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
Only jealousy, probably.

Hugo