Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#2827 - 09/05/2000 07:18 Mercedes BOSE adapter
edheller
new poster

What adapter, if any, will be necessary to connect a Mark2 to a Mercedes SLK BOSE system? Where can I get one?

Thanks,
Ed

#2828 - 10/05/2000 00:29 Re: Mercedes BOSE adapter [Re: edheller]
teemcbee
addict

I think most modern cars have an ISO - connector. If your Mercedes doesn't have one just go to a shop which sells car-parts. Usually you should get a fitting adapter there.
I don't exactly know which connector the Mk2 has (will have). But I think the empeg docking cage is delivered with cables (rob or anyone who knows: am I right?) to connect to the car outlet. If so you could mount any connector you want to the cables to fit your car.

In my case I did the following:

My car has an ISO connector (one for the speakers and one for the power)
the empeg doesn't include an amplifier so you will have to install an extra amlifier.
I installed a 5-channel amplifier and connected the speaker-outlets of the amplifier with the ISO-connector for the speakers. So I just have to feed the amplifier with the pre-amp. So I mounted a pre-amp cable from the dash to the amplifier. I just have to plug in to the docking cage then the sound-output is ready connected, I think.

The next part is the poweroutlet. I don't know how the cables or the connector of the docking cage looks like. If it's an ISO or some other standard or even some nonstandard. I think in the description of the empeg how to connect to the car (hope there is some) there will be a description of the pins. So you just have to connect the pins correct to your car-outlet and then it'll work. (I hope so)

#2829 - 10/05/2000 02:39 Re: Mercedes BOSE adapter [Re: teemcbee]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
The Mk2 has an ISO power connector, which connects permanent power, accessory power, headlight on sense & mobile phone mute on one connector.

Audio is on RCAs, as usual.

Hugo