Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#12143 - 28/07/2000 12:15 empeg upgrade
ppslim
journeyman

Loc: N Wales, UK
I still can't get my laptop to damned well communicate via the COM port, somthing is still trying to hog it, what it is I don't know, nothing other than the empeg software and Hyperterminal is able to use the port, so, with this, I am back in the days of Beta 10a (laugh, please laugh I know you have read it that way, LOL).

But my question. Is the new beta (12c as of this) able to be applied safley, are all the interim updates included with the upgrade, or am I going to have to interim updates, if so, guide me as to whcih ones, as I have to lug them all over to my pc in the middle of nowhere to update.

I was going to do this a few weeks back, but, I heard mentioned the fact that you are working on upgrade method via serial, USB and ethernet (Damn, this was a god send), but as it isn't available yet, I thought I better just get some sort of update done.

Proud owner of #161
Proud owner of #161

#12144 - 28/07/2000 13:38 Re: empeg upgrade [Re: ppslim]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Is the new beta able to be applied safley, are all the interim updates included with the upgrade?

All the upgrades are fully inclusive. You only need to apply the latest one, you don't have to sequentially apply previous ones. There are sometimes exceptions to this rule, but those are always noted in the release and are only for special occasions. I thought this was in the FAQ- if not, I'll make sure to put it there.

The only thing you need to remember is: Always upgrade the Emplode software to the latest version first, then apply the player software upgrade.

In fact, I'd like to take this opportunity to suggest to Rob that the Emplode file be moved to the beginning on the downloads page instead of after the player software, for this very reason.