Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#17257 - 09/09/2000 11:36 HI im a newbie. *waves*
HighWayDrifter
journeyman

Loc: CALI
mkkay well lil ole me stuck in my own world came across some article somewhere on some contraption called empeg. i figured hell it runs linux *immediate thoguth i will own one* started doing some research and aobut 5 min later (got to love work connections to the net nothing like 3 t1's) i found this page.. now the first empeg i saw was the mk1. i thougth to my self killer ass idea, i fell in love (i wont lie) then i come to this page see the mk2.. ok ok i know what your thinking..gee he is going to say he loves the mk2.. well guess what your right. then i saw the price tag nad i was like.. hot damn thank god i got this new job (im only 20, hell just turned and i have the dubious honor of being born into a family that has to work for stuff unlike my buds..grr..) anyways what im getting at is well hell who needs food right [censored] IT RUNS LINUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!! o sorry had to snap out f it i justanted to waste some time t work (dont u hat eworkign sat's??) and give the createors of this nifty little thing alot of props. Awesome product Awesome idea and well i hate to say it but im going to go with out food (well ok macaroni&cheese, and peanut butter for a month or so) so i can get a nifty little blue one.

Im as confused as a babby in a topless bar...

#17258 - 09/09/2000 23:29 Re: HI im a newbie. *waves* [Re: HighWayDrifter]
dionysus
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
...just wait until you get one... Personally, I think it's the best-spent money that I've ever spent:)
-mark

MK2: 36gb
Tivo: 90gb
CPU: 120gb
...I think drive manufacturers love me!

#17259 - 10/09/2000 07:26 Re: HI im a newbie. *waves* [Re: HighWayDrifter]
FriendlyDogSalad
new poster

Loc: Denver, Colorado USA
Macaroni and cheese and peanut butter?

*ugh*

i've eaten some nasty things before... but they were for bets....

---Proud owner of empeg registration number 14309 (ugh!)---

#17260 - 10/09/2000 09:34 Re: HI im a newbie. *waves* [Re: dionysus]
ClemsonJeep
enthusiast

Loc: Ashburn, VA
...just wait until you get one... Personally, I think it's the best-spent money that I've ever spent:)

My list of best things I have spent my money on:

1) my Jeep
2) my empeg
3) my whitewater kayaks

:)

(O|||||O)

#17261 - 10/09/2000 17:59 Re: HI im a newbie. *waves* [Re: FriendlyDogSalad]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Macaroni and cheese and peanut butter? *ugh* i've eaten some nasty things before... but they were for bets...

I don't think he meant at the same time.