Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#19284 - 02/10/2000 14:48 Customer Contact Points
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
Having returned from the NL meet to an Inbox containing almost 700 emails, I feel the need to remind everyone that we do employ other customer support staff at empeg

Whilst all staff members have a personal mailbox, there are generic addresses for specific roles - only by using these can you be sure of a fast response. The appropriate addresses are:

[email protected] - pre-sales or general enquiries
[email protected] - support relating to specific orders
[email protected] - support relating to packages in transit
[email protected] - after-sales technical support
[email protected] - press related enquiries
[email protected] - recruitment enquiries

It is our general policy that individual members of staff will adopt an issue and see it through to the end. When you email one of the above addresses you will get a reply from an individual who will be pleased for you to contact him directly about that specific enquiry, until such time that it is resolved or transfered to someone else.

I'm aware that automated emails currently originate with my mail ID, which I plan to fix in the near future.

Please don't interpret this email as an attempt on my part to offload customer responsibilities. I will continue to have involvement in many support and sales issues, however I am concerned that some of you have experienced long delays in getting a reply from me on an issues that other customer service guys could have answered more quickly.

Rob

#19285 - 03/10/2000 21:13 Re: Customer Contact Points [Re: rob]
Terminator
old hand

Loc: Dallas, TX
Maybe you could use some filters in your email reader to look for keywords like: where is my tracking number/empeg? Then it could forward email to the [email protected] address. That way you arent overwhelmed by those types of questions, and still get everyone taken care of. 700 emails after being gone a few days is ridiculous!

Sean

#19286 - 03/10/2000 21:28 Re: Customer Contact Points [Re: Terminator]
ricin
veteran

Loc: US: CA

Maybe you could use some filters in your email reader to look for keywords like: where is my tracking number/empeg? Then it could forward email to the [email protected] address. That way you arent overwhelmed by those types of questions, and still get everyone taken care of. 700 emails after being gone a few days is ridiculous!

Speaking of which, my company has software that does just that, E-Mail Management. Of course, Rob and the other guys@empeg probably don't want to spend all kinds of money, and I wouldn't either. Hmm....Damn, no wonder I'm not a salesman. Anyway, there are a lot of freeware email managers out there that do that same type of thing. Just a thought.

________
Donato
MkII/Blue/40GB/080000565

ricin.us

#19287 - 03/10/2000 21:34 Re: Customer Contact Points [Re: ricin]
Terminator
old hand

Loc: Dallas, TX
It doesnt have to be expensive. I use eudora pro which does filtering for $39.99. I think microsoft outlook can do something like that too.

Sean

#19288 - 03/10/2000 23:10 Re: Customer Contact Points [Re: Terminator]
Kit
journeyman

Loc: San Diego, CA US
Just use procmail and write your regex rules and you are done.

ftp://ftp.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/pub/packages/procmail/

#19289 - 04/10/2000 07:44 Re: Customer Contact Points [Re: Terminator]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Or Eudora Pro in sponsered mode. One little non asnnoyning ad, and all functions unlocked. I will eventually pay for it though, as I have used Eudora for the longest time. (I loved the error messages on Eudora Lite for the Mac a few years back.)