Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#19509 - 05/10/2000 08:10 How Do I Track My Order?

Loc: Dallas Texas USA
I received my invite and placed my order a few days ago (it was late at night mind you) and so far can only assume that everything is okay. I have not heard anything, and do not know if I receive a confirmation when my order is shipped, or what the standard operating procedure is. I would like to be able to track FedEx as my order makes its way to the USA..

Q#15772

#19510 - 05/10/2000 08:50 Re: How Do I Track My Order? [Re: avatarTX]
EngelenH
enthusiast

Loc: Belgium/Holland
I can only tell you how it went with me. On wednesday I placed the order (in a record time of 19 seconds after opening the invitation mail). On thursday Rob (he's on here too so if he reads this he is likely to reply) sent me a peachy confirmation that it was on it's way. On friday I stayed home because I need to spend some excess vacation days and to my great surprise the bell rang and I was handed a box with the infamous empeg logo. I do believe for Europe that TNT is used rather then FedEx (or is that a figment of my imagination ?). I can not say for sure that this is the way it always goes but it was for me. There are several customer contact points of the Empeg people posted on this BBS so if you really feel there might have been some mixup my best suggestion is to send them a quick email. Though I am pretty sure your confirmation will come soon.

Cheers,
Hans

Mk2 - Blue - 080000431

#19511 - 05/10/2000 09:02 Tracking My Order [Re: EngelenH]

Thanks for the reply Hans, thats pretty much what I was looking for.

It took me longer than 19 seconds to place my order, but I did place it as soon as the invitation arrived, 2 days ago. It was late at night (my time) and I seem to remember an order confirmation screen when I sent it.. but thats the last I heard. I would think that if there were a problem I would have been informed by now so I will assume that it's a go. Today would have been the day it arrived, barring any problems with customs or other mishaps.

My only other concern is that I only THINK I placed an order.. again I was half asleep surfing at the time.. and that the good folks at empeg are scratching their heads wondering what I am talking about.

I will try one of the other points of contact to make sure that my order was indeed placed correctly.

Carl
Q#15772

#19512 - 05/10/2000 09:08 Re: Tracking My Order [Re: avatarTX]
EngelenH
enthusiast

If you haven't received a confirmation mail from Rob (on the email box you gave during the order) it might be prudent to do that. Rob did say there was somewhat of a rush in orders lately, maybe that is related to this.

Cheers,
Hans

Mk2 - Blue - 080000431

#19513 - 05/10/2000 09:11 Re: How Do I Track My Order? [Re: avatarTX]
Terminator
old hand

Loc: Dallas, TX
You could try [email protected] or [email protected]. They will be able to tell you if yours has shipped and what the tracking number is. I will tell you though, the package only took 1 day to get here, so I wasn't tracking my package all that much :-)

Sean

Empeg 12 gig green 080000078

#19514 - 05/10/2000 10:36 Well now. [Re: Terminator]

I just received my shipping confirmation from Rob (thanks!) so it looks like I am home free now. With a little luck, I will be holding my MK2-12gb-green in my hands this time tomorrow!

As you suggested, I did send an email asking if my order was okay. I also included the various email addresses that I can be reached. I received the confirmation at a different address than from the one that I placed my order.. I may have had a typo or something and that could be why I did not hear anything, or the lovely guys at empeg may have been a little swamped and actually just shipped. Either way, I am a bubbling with anticipation.

#19515 - 05/10/2000 12:04 Re: Well now. [Re: avatarTX]
_hardcore_

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
I ordered my Empeg last friday, not based on an invitation, but a general announcement that queue number up till 15500 could place orders So after coresponding with sales@empeg just to be sure i actually could place an order, i clicked my way though the 'store'. Then on monday morning i got the official invitation, and woops to my surprise the empeg got delivered to me on wednesday at 11 o'clock.. Later that day, like at 5 o'clock in the afternoon i recieved an email from rob, saying that they had dispatched my empeg :)...

Regards,
Kaare.

Mark II - S/N: 702

#19516 - 05/10/2000 15:12 Re: Well now. [Re: _hardcore_]
EngelenH
enthusiast

Dispatching is that quick these days ...

Well you could always send it back saying it arrived too early and that you want to get it no earlier then wednesday next week or something .

Cheers,
Hans

Mk2 - Blue - 080000431

#19517 - 06/10/2000 09:04 It Has Arrived [Re: avatarTX]

I have my empeg MK2 player. It arrived without incident, after being shipped from the UK only yesterday. True to form, FedEx shipping from europe to Dallas Texas USA impressed me with the delivery speed. I can only hope that the installation goes as fast!

It was rather interesting to be able to track the package through FedEx's website. Once it hit my side of the ocean I was confident that I would receive it this morning. I understand that my brothers on the other side experience much the same thing with TNT.

My unit shipped with version 1.0 on CD but I will immediately download the newly released version 1.01 and use it instead. It looks like I will be spending Friday night home alone playing with my new toy. Install is due tomorrow morning at 9am local time.

#19518 - 06/10/2000 09:15 Re: It Has Arrived [Re: avatarTX]
Terminator
old hand

Loc: Dallas, TX
Who are you using to install it and where are they located?

Sean

Empeg 12 gig green 080000078

#19519 - 06/10/2000 11:25 Re: It Has Arrived [Re: Terminator]

Who are you using to install it and where are they located?

I am using a local shop (wouldn't you know it, when it counts the name escapes me) here in Lewisville (just north of Dallas) and chose them after spending a long time talking to the manager and the installer. They both impressed me with their knowledge so at least I know that I will not have some new kid 'learning how to install' on my car.

Besides, they are anxious to see the unit. When I went in there last, the manager mentioned to me that the empleg player had an article in some car audio magazine (again, the name escapes me) and he was impressed with what he read. He mentioned that he thought that he could sell some of the lower end units from his store. I gave him the website address and smirked..

When its finished, I will be sure to write up a quick blurb on how my install went on the appropriate message base. I will remember the name of the shop and the people by then.

Proud owner of MK2-12gb-green-080000506