Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#19712 - 07/10/2000 12:46 Acura NSX Install
BarryB
journeyman

Loc: Bellingham, WA (USA)
Are there any other NSX owners on this board? My Empeg unit should arrive on Monday and I plan to install it in my 91 NSX. I am still trying to decide if I should attempt install myself our have a good shop do the install.

I have done one install before about 8 years ago in a Honda CRX consisting of an in-dash Alpine 3 CD changer, Adcomm amp, and MB Quart separates. It was fairly easy to do but was very time consuming for a novice installer like myself.

I would really like to attempt the NSX install myself but am put off by the fact that it has a non-standard size opening for the head unit and I am nervous about hacking on such as nice car. Anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed? Or anyone have any suggestions on a really good install shop in the Seattle area I could trust? The only suggestion I have been able to find so far is Innovative Audio in Bellevue, but they are very expensive. i.e. $2000 range for a complete system install (labor only). They can also supposedly custom fabricate plastic and metal parts if you're willing to pay through the noise for it.

Also, does anyone here know what empeg color matches the NSX dash best? I ordered blue, but it looks like Amber would be the closest match.

One last thing... After reading many of the posts on nsxprime.com and finding it funny how all the posters were on there were so proud of the rarity of their cars, I found it even stranger to come to a car stereo message board and find the same phenomina! Perhaps the empeg is a perfect match for my car!?!

---
BarryB
91 NSX Red/Blk #898
Mk II 12GB Blue #???

#19713 - 07/10/2000 13:31 Re: Acura NSX Install [Re: BarryB]
jpski
stranger

Loc: Seattle, WA
I had my Mark2 installed at Bellevue CarToys. They did a really good job in my '95 Acura Integra. They told me they have done several empeg installs. There are a lot of tech people in the area (Microsoft & AT&T Wireless) that are getting empegs.

Steer clear of the Aurora CarToys though... I saw 3 angry customers, a shoplifter and a few pimps there.

Mk2/40GB/Blue

#19714 - 07/10/2000 17:33 Re: Acura NSX Install [Re: BarryB]
kds
new poster

Also, the Bellevue Circuit City did a great job on my Mazda 626 install.

The Roadshop manager, Danny, did it himself as it was the first time he'd seen an Empeg. Very prompt, very professional.

MkII #080000085
MkIIa #040104267