Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#17169 - 08/09/2000 13:22 Custom remote
fvgestel
old hand

Loc: Netherlands
I recently hacked up the intercept program from the developer-site to let the empeg listen to my own "100 in 1"-remote.
It works... I can use the same remote that I use for my TV and video. The only problem is the response-time...
I sometimes have to wait half a second before commands are sent through.
This isn't much of a problem using the remote, but it also applies to the front button. When I turn up the volume it can get very ( too ) loud at once...
I think the problem is in process-scheduling. I also tried nice values of -20 with no success. As long as the empeg isn't playing there is no delay, but the player process probably uses too much CPU.
I haven't downloaded any kernel-image yet, but I presume it should be possible to hack up the ir-driver to read a file at boot to map ir-codes to the empeg-remote codes, wouldn't it???

Frank van Gestel

#17170 - 08/09/2000 13:30 Re: Custom remote [Re: fvgestel]
fvgestel
old hand

the reason I modified intercept.c was that I lost my kenwood remote...( the damn thing is so small )
Fortunately I found it; I spent a day lifting furniture around to find out it was standing on it's side under the cushion of my couch...

Frank van Gestel

#17171 - 31/01/2001 15:20 Re: Custom remote [Re: fvgestel]
rockstar
enthusiast

did you ever get anywhere with this, i really want to use my pioneer steering wheel remote, the kenwood is JUNK

#17172 - 31/01/2001 15:54 Re: Custom remote [Re: rockstar]
fvgestel
old hand

I did solve the problem for myself, but I'm afraid that the pioneer remote doesn't generate a valid ircode for the empeg.
see this thread for details

Frank van Gestel