As I'm sure most of those in the lower 48 states of the US are aware - it has been cold!! With the onset of the cooler temperatures, I have noticed the dimmer problem on my empeg on cold mornings and afternoons - where the display changes brightness from dim to bright to dim to bright - until it is warm.

So, I read through the faq, and I also searched the forum and found a lengthy thread from earlier this year about the issue. From the info I gathered there - I think I'm going to attempt the capacitor fix.

I'm just curious if anyone else is seeing this issue now that its getting colder. And for those who have done the capacitor fix - how difficult is it?

I don't have the problem with a warm empeg - I have an mk2a. I didn't have this problem last year. This afternoon, I'm going to meddle with the headlights and the settings, I'm not sure if my installer hooked up tha headlight lead or not. I've never had a problem with setting the dimmer though, as described in that thread. I'm hoping that the capacitor will resovle this problem.

Thanks!