i've had my riocar with 2.0b3 installed for 2 weeks, and filled up most of the 10 GB drive. I also have been using a 20 GB PJB for 2 years and my feeling at this point is, the PJB is easier to use. here are a few comments:

i don't use the remote because after the first time i tried to use it i found it almost impossible to tell if the button-press had registered or not (even with beeps), and it was too dangerous to watch the menu while i am driving, so i have been limited to functions i know from memory.

many of the cool features (search, skip visuals, info) aren't available without the remote unless you press a lot of buttons. there should be more parity between remote UI and 4-button UI

It takes me an average of 8 clicks to get to a certain song on the pjb, but it takes more than 20 clicks (scroll through genre, scroll through artist, scroll through album, scroll through songs) to get to most songs on the car player, because the PJB has a flatter structure perhaps. it seems really difficult to me to skip from playlist to playlist, esp. while driving. I would LOVE to see the PJB folder UI on the car unit.

i still don't know what bookmarks are used for. i have looked around and not found any common use for them documented, and so they remain unused

i also don't understand insert/append and so i haven't used them at all. they also aren't documented in the booklet

in general, it's hard to move around in the music library. the past 4 days i have just left it on one playlist because i got tired of hitting so many buttons to find something else.

playlists seem to be the primary interface to all the music, but there is no guideline that i can fidn to suggest best practices for playlist heirarchy and organization. as a result, i'm not really sure i have mine organized in the best possibel way, and actually i question my organization when i struggle to find/play music but everyone else here never mentions that problem.

as i mentioned, i have a hacked PJB with 20 GB (bought it with 6) and i also have a hacked replaytv (160 GB) and i love both these items and the empeg/riocar. even with the trouble i have using it, i prefer it to any other head unit. But of the 3, the empeg, while boasting the most active user community by far, has the hardest-to-use interface and the least documentation.

i know you guys are all very smart, so maybe i'm just a dumb "end user" but i would love to see some of these issues addressed

joe