I got a 10GB player off of eBay, cost me an arm and a leg, but that's besides the point. Still can't quite believe it, but that's besides the point too.

Anyway, I live in Germany and I'm having the player shipped to a friend of my wife's in Florida. I'll have the player remain at her house since I'm moving to the U.S. in the summer anyway. Getting it over here would cost too much with customs and shipping.

I would like to have the player checked though to make sure everything is complete and working alright and none of the cables and sleds are missing or broken.

Could someone list the things necessary for a basic functional check of the hardware? I'm thinking of plugging the power in, hooking the RCA cables up to the stereo (not phono, right?) and pushing some button(s) to make the demo song play. See, I don't even know the button interface, so it would be nice if the description could be detailed enough for someone who has never seen or worked the device.

Is it actually possible to check everything that way except for the connection to the computer?

Georg