I own two RioCar units, each with a pair of 30GB drives. Three of these drives are the factory installed Fujitsu MHL2300AT 30GB drives, and one is a Toshiba 30GB I added later.

Both RioCar units were working fine, but they were put on a shelf for several months due to other priorities.

Today I was surprised to discover that one Fujitsu drive in EACH of the RioCar units has failed. That is two out of the three OEM Fujitsu drives.

Set to IDE master, I have connected each drive to each RioCar, using each IDE cable. The good drives work regardless, while the failed drives produce "No hard disk, contact support" messages, using either connector on IDE cable, on both units.

The failed drives spin up, then produce a continuous tick-tock clicking sound, even after the "disk problem, contact support" message appears.

All 3 Fujitsu drives have the same date code 2001-01, revsion code 10E-3022, and the serial numbers are 13300, 13550, 13554.

Have others experienced similar failues with these Fujitsu drives?

What would be the warranty situation regarding these drives?

I intend to use an IDE adapter to connect the drives to a PC for further testing, but don't really expect them to work.

Thank you in advance.