On Thursday morning I was walking to my car, with my eMpeg in hand, and noticed I had a broken window. I knew what they were looking for, even though they wouldn't of be able to do anything with it without the sled. The best part is what was in the car at the time. There was nothing, absolutely nothing. I had even removed the spare tire. I was going to install some soundproofing materials this week-end, and was getting a head start. They may have been able to get my amp, but I used both hex screws and bolts to attach it under a seat which would have to be removed. Not easy.

For the year I've had the eMpeg, it is always either in the car with me, or in a fireproof safe (Sentry 1100) with added foam. I always keep it in my apartment(flat, for the british folk). My friends think I'm strange when I bring this 17lbs case around with me, but I still have my eMpeg.

Now I just need to get this window replaced. It is becoming a security concern because anybody can break into the car and take it a lot easier. So, now I disconnect the negative battery cable when I park it for long periods of time.

I need to print up that picture that I found on this board. It said "You are not smart enough to operate the audio player in this car". I think I will put that on my safe, along with some hand-cuffs attached to my wrist (ok, I might not go that far yet). I will protect it as much as the case in the movie 'Ronin'.

Nobody is getting my eMpeg.