Ok, all sorts of side-projects have emerged for anything from buttons to replacement aluminum fascias to digital output boards. I'm talking of course of projects that have a monetary value associated with them. There have also been countless software projects, such as the excellent Hijack and other programs, but they've (thankfully) been kindly offered up for free by their creators.

Many of us have spent some extra money on these projects or other tweaks for our players. I don't think I'm alone in my willingness to give some (additional) direct compensation back to Rio for a few feature additions. The larger the company, the more complicated proposals like this can get, so I'm hoping there's someone open to developing this idea into a reality.

The simple take: get some additional development time to have builds of carplayer software made from the ever-growing software trunk to add some long-requested functionality and get us out of the alpha stages. Release this software as a paid upgrade. Price TBD. Implement a licencing agreement that does not bind (condemn) Rio or its development staff to an unrealistic support structure (support can often be the killer even if development is a near freebie).

I haven't figured out how much I'd be willing to pay, but from the top of my head, US$50 would be a no brainer.

Thoughts? Think it would be likely we could have 1000 "buyers" at that price?

Bruno