Running 1.03 here is my system config.

Empeg
ppi 4400.2 running
jl xr 5.25 components up front - running stereo
jl stealthboxes running bridged parallel 2 8 ohm 8" subs.

Now then....

First off, why does the eq cause popping between a 4 ch and 2 ch eq setting. it is bad, i fear it is going to crunch my speakers.

Second off, why is it that when you set the eq setting to 4 ch it has NO driving strength. What i mean is this. I have a PERFECT eq setting in 2 channel, my system sounds very full and nicely balanced. I figured I wanted to drop some of the low end off the front, so i went into 4 ch mode.. rather then limiting the x-over anymore then 85 Hz on the amp itself. When i went into 4 ch mode, i set the front correctly, with fade only to the front, so i could hear it clearly.

next i faded all the way to the rear, to set the sub responsiveness. Now then, herein lies teh problem.

In 4 channel mode the ability to "boost" the levels seems really low. compared to 2 channel mode. My amp has 4 channels, and has not been touched, this is simply in the eq settings.

Bare in mind also i have gone from a flat 2 ch eq setting to a flat 4 ch eq setting with similar results. It just seems so underdriven. What is the deal with this? FWIW the same scenario occured with the old speakers in the rear, prior to the JL stealthboxes. I have pretty much narrowed that it isn't the amp, speakers, or the 2 ch setting in the eq, only the 4 ch.

Does anyone have a similar experience? I would love to know why this is happening.