Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#94355 - 17/05/2002 14:34 FS: IBM Travelstar 10GB RioCar Upgrade
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
I am selling my 10GB Travelstar 2.5" drive for $50US to the US or Canada. These things go for $50+-$65 on eBay, so I figured I'd just save everyone the trouble and post here. People who want to double the capacity of their 10GB RioCar cheaply and simply (see below) will probably get the most use out of this.

I can load the drive with whichever empeg software you'd like. So, if you are running 2.00beta11 or 1.03, just tell me what software you want on it, and I'll set it up so all you have to do is pop the drive in your player and the extra capacity will automagically appear in emplode or jemplode. Sorry, but I will not pre-load any music on this because all it will do is create database headaches for you when you add it to your player.

Upgrading your drive is very easy and is detailed in the FAQ here. It will be even easier for you because you won't have to do any of the disk building and software loading yourself. All you will need is a jumper and 2 mounting screws (the FAQ explains how to "share" your current screws, and that's what I have done for over a year). Note, this does void part of your warranty when you open your player. Anything that can break while doing this will not be covered by your warranty. But the support team in Cambridge has been very good about honoring repairs to players that have drive upgrades as long as the part in need of repair obviously had nothing to do with the drive add-on. If fact, my player is in for service right now (bad audio chip), and support knows that I have swapped the drives. So, if you have ever worked on a PC (adding a drive or RAM or whatnot) then you are more than qualified to do this.

#94356 - 17/05/2002 18:04 Re: FS: IBM Travelstar 10GB RioCar Upgrade [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
ineedcolor
addict

Loc: Windsor, Ontario Canada
Hey Brad, I PM'd you on this one...

John

#94357 - 18/05/2002 09:18 Re: FS: IBM Travelstar 10GB RioCar Upgrade [Re: ineedcolor]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Sold!

John, I'll email you!

#94358 - 18/05/2002 18:34 Re: FS: IBM Travelstar 10GB RioCar Upgrade [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Greetings!

Now that Brad has safely sold his, is anyone else interested? I have two that went through the same upgrade process, leaving me with two leftover 10GB Travelstars gathering dust in my desk. I did not think anyone would be interested in them, but ...

If anyone is interested in a 10GB Travelstar, let me know via private message. There are no jumpers, no software (well, it probably has a 1.0x or 2.0beta on it, but I don't know) and no music. $50 plus shipping in the US. Thanks!