Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#303957 - 09/11/2007 19:25 F/S: Empeg MKII 120GB
FieroSTi

S/N is 080000841 as seen by the photo of the rear of the unit.

When I first got the unit about 6 months ago, it had a 25GB (I believe) Hitachi drive that was on its last legs, and died shortly after I got it. I replaced it with a 120GB Seagate drive (which I still have the original box and receipt for if requested) which is located in drive bay two. This is because the connector for drive bay one seems to be failing, as every time I attempt to sync, it goes through the long disc check if the drive is in bay one. It's odd though, because the player actually functions perfectly no matter which bay the drive is in. I just assumed it needs a new cable, if you want to add a second drive, but with ~112GB (after formatting and partitioning), do you really need one?

Anyway, the unit will include the original power adapter, the RS-232 serial cable, a new USB cable, as the one I received with the unit kept falling out of the connector on the rear of the empeg. I'll still include that cable though, as it is the original cable and I still have it. The unit will also include the original empeg soft carrying case, which most of you know is very hard to find. Speaking of hard to find; this unit will also include a brand new sled, never mounted in any vehicle. I have soldered and shrinkwrapped a Smart Connector from a Metra Smart Harness exclusive to Circuit City. If you tell me your exact Year / Make / Model / Stereo Options, 'll get you a wiring harness (if I am able to get ahold of it, but about 95% of cars won't be a problem) and also a mounting kit if required. I even have the original paperwork, including the actual empeg user manual, and an invoice for the new sled. I do not have the original empeg remote that was included with the player, but I have sourced a Kenwood unit that has been tested to function perfectly. I can provide button translations if necessary. There's a few extras I'll include as well, things like extra drive screws and two harnesses for Euro connector-equipped vehicles.

That's all I can really think of for now before I post pictures...please, feel free to PM me with any questions or suggestions.

I'm asking $350 shipped to the lower 48 (international or overseas shipping, just ask for a quote) or best offer for everything.

Here's the entire package:

A front aerial view of the player:

A Rear aerial view showing the player (and Serial No.):

Brand new unmounted sled:

Sled wiring (including smart connector):

Here''s the player in the sled:

As I said, feel free to let me know if you've any more questions!

Edited by FieroSTi (10/11/2007 04:42)

#303958 - 19/11/2007 18:25 Re: F/S: Empeg MKII 120GB [Re: FieroSTi]
FieroSTi

Nobody? Is my price too steep?

#303959 - 20/11/2007 04:01 Re: F/S: Empeg MKII 120GB [Re: FieroSTi]
Ross Wellington
enthusiast

P.M. Sent.