Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#95293 - 22/05/2002 14:46 Does anyone have a wire harness for sale?
tim_goggin
new poster

Hello!

I purchased a Rio Car 10 GB model, but the wire harness appears to be missing. The installer I took it to have installed at needs this to install it.

Does anyone have an extra wire harness for sale? I'm pretty desperate.

Thanks in advance,

Tim Goggin
[email protected]

#95294 - 22/05/2002 14:56 Re: Does anyone have a wire harness for sale? [Re: tim_goggin]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Those are rather rare, somewhat expensive, and difficult to replace. The docking connector and wiring harness assembly is not an off-the-shelf part. It is custom made.

You will need to contact support to replace the part. I assume that it's not just the wiring harness that's missing, it's the entire docking sled? Expect to pay a pretty penny for it.

I suggest you talk to the seller and demand that the docking sled with an intact wiring harness be supplied. If he is unable to do so, I would consider that as fraud and misrepresentation and therefore grounds for action. Since the original unit came with the sled, and it is a critical component for the operation of the player and cannot be considered optional in any way.

I would also suggest that you contact support and ask them if the player's serial number (found on the ABOUT menu in the player software) is a reported-stolen number.

Also, could you please tell us the seller's name so that we may avoid doing business with him in the future?

#95295 - 22/05/2002 14:58 Re: Does anyone have a wire harness for sale? [Re: tfabris]
tim_goggin
new poster

I have the sleeve, but the actual wire harness I don't have. Before I report the seller's name, let me see what I can work out with the seller himself. Any suggestion on where I can buy the wire harness itself?

Tim Goggin
[email protected]

#95296 - 22/05/2002 15:02 Re: Does anyone have a wire harness for sale? [Re: tim_goggin]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Any suggestion on where I can buy the wire harness itself?

As I already stated, there is only one place to get it, and that's from the support team in Cambridge. They are the only people able to sell you the part, since it is custom and not off-the-shelf.

#95297 - 22/05/2002 15:06 Re: Does anyone have a wire harness for sale? [Re: tfabris]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

What I don't understand is how you have the sleeve but not the wire harness.

I wonder if it is a stolen player where the wire harness was damaged by ripping it from the dash? So they just unscrewed it so you wouldn't see the damage and see that it was a stolen player.

I now even more strongly suggest that your first communication be to the support team to check if it's a stolen player.

#95298 - 23/05/2002 10:42 Re: Does anyone have a wire harness for sale? [Re: tim_goggin]
jimhogan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA, U.S.A.
Tim,

Unless your seller is from a small town with a population of 6, you will violate no confidence by telling us what city your seller is located in. Can you please inform us?

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.

#95299 - 23/05/2002 12:15 Re: Does anyone have a wire harness for sale? [Re: jimhogan]
Anonymous
Unregistered

In a population of 6 it'd still just be a guess.