Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#301864 - 05/09/2007 03:05 FS: Mark2, Mark2a (both need repair), tuner, sleds, etc.
grantrupp
new poster

Loc: Chicago
I'm interested in selling my empeg "stuff". I keep thinking I'm going to repair and start using it again but I just can't find the time.

I would very much like to sell it all to one person, but if I can't do so in a week I will split it up and sell it all individually.

Feel free to PM me offers, I really don't know what my "collection" is worth.

10 Gb empeg Mark2, blue screen, great physical condition but -does not boot- when I power it on, no signs of life. This worked great for me for years and at one point just "died" and would no longer power on (have tried AC and DC power). I've tried this drive in the other unit, works fine. S/N 090000614.

20 Gb Riocar Mark2a, red screen, great physical condition with the exception of a small (1/4 - 1/2") scrape on the lower, right corner of the handle. This unit needs a new hard drive, it boots to the infamous "No hard disk found, contact support". The hard drive does work ~1 out of 10 times. S/N 040104308.

1 Brand new sled, still in the box.

1 lightly used sled. Was installed, was used but the connectors and wires are all solid, it's very much "like new".

1 very used sled. Most of the wires are still connected but all of the wires that are connected with the serial port have pulled loose (with the exception of the white wire), this includes the tel mute wire, etc.) I had used this sled in 3-4 cars, it's just seen better days. The connectors are still solid, this can be repaired.

1 Tuner, gently used (never used it as a tuner, just for the remote connection).

1 Sony RM-X4S remote (the one that can be connected to the tuner).

1 black empeg bag in suprisingly good condition. I've used it a lot but it looks great for it's age.

1 extra, red lens.

1 Kenwood branded remote

2 Rio branded remotes (one still in the plastic bag it shipped in)

2 U.S. AC adapters (1 OEM, 1 variable from Radio Shack).

1 U.K. AC adapter (shipped to me on accident with original purchase).

The original shipping boxes for these and my other 2 (previously lost and sold) MK2 and MK2a.

2 empeg stickers!!!

I am located near Chicago, IL - I am willing to ship this anywhere, assuming it is paid for ahead of time - you pay shipping costs.

Feel free to PM or email ([email protected]) me any questions or offers!

#301865 - 05/09/2007 04:06 Re: FS: Mark2, Mark2a (both need repair), tuner, sleds, etc. [Re: grantrupp]
almond
new poster

pm me a price on the kenwood remote, the better used sled, and the tuner shipped to 85248. thanks!!

#301866 - 16/09/2007 14:05 Re: FS: Mark2, Mark2a (both need repair), tuner, sleds, etc. [Re: grantrupp]
Juan
new poster

Hello,
I'm interested on one of the sleds and the Empeg that says no hard disk. Could you give a price for both.

thanks,

Juan

#306101 - 13/01/2008 19:32 Re: FS: Mark2, Mark2a (both need repair), tuner, sleds, etc. [Re: grantrupp]
grantrupp
new poster

I thought I had sold this... twice, but both sales fell through. I am still interested in selling everything below. I think $450 is fair (including shipping for everything) - feel free to email/pm me with any questions.

I really do not want to sell individual items, I want to sell the whole lot to one person.

#306104 - 13/01/2008 20:18 Re: FS: Mark2, Mark2a (both need repair), tuner, sleds, etc. [Re: grantrupp]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: grantrupp
I thought I had sold this... twice, but both sales fell through. I am still interested in selling everything below. I think $450 is fair (including shipping for everything) - feel free to email/pm me with any questions.

I really do not want to sell individual items, I want to sell the whole lot to one person.

I can take the lot, thanks. PM on the way.

#306126 - 14/01/2008 07:52 Re: FS: Mark2, Mark2a (both need repair), tuner, sleds, etc. [Re: mlord]
sein
old hand

Loc: Sector ZZ9pZa
I thought Mark was going to take it?

Looks like its on eBay now

#306148 - 14/01/2008 15:43 Re: FS: Mark2, Mark2a (both need repair), tuner, sleds, etc. [Re: sein]
grantrupp
new poster

Originally Posted By: sein
I thought Mark was going to take it?

Looks like its on eBay now

Mark and I have been emailing, looks like he is going to take it. I have NOT listed this on eBay, I wanted to sell it here!!

#306151 - 14/01/2008 16:11 Re: FS: Mark2, Mark2a (both need repair), tuner, sleds, etc. [Re: grantrupp]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Yup, sold and paid for now.

That other pair on eBay look somewhat promising -- with a digital-out board included. But "hard disk not found" there could easily mean a bad cs4232A chip..

Cheers

#306173 - 14/01/2008 20:12 Re: FS: Mark2, Mark2a (both need repair), tuner, sleds, etc. [Re: grantrupp]
sein
old hand

Loc: Sector ZZ9pZa
Originally Posted By: grantrupp
Mark and I have been emailing, looks like he is going to take it. I have NOT listed this on eBay, I wanted to sell it here!!

Oh, my mistake! Yeah, sorry about that. I saw two Empegs on eBay and one with 'Hard Disk Not Found' and just thought it was you!

#306191 - 15/01/2008 03:47 Re: FS: Mark2, Mark2a (both need repair), tuner, sleds, etc. [Re: sein]
grantrupp
new poster

I looked at the auction... definitely similar, but not the same :-) Mine are en route to Mark as of tomorrow. Thanks Mark!

i.e. SOLD!

#306875 - 04/02/2008 18:03 Re: FS: Mark2, Mark2a (both need repair), tuner, sleds, etc. [Re: grantrupp]
mlord
carpal tunnel

FYI.

All of this stuff arrived here last week, and all was "as advertised".

The Mk2a unit had five pins of the IDE header lifted (no longer making contact with the main PCB). I soldered those back down and now that player works perfectly!

The Mk2 unit is the subject of my recent thread in the Tech/Troubleshooting forum. A chip in the PSU (Power Supply Unit) circuitry had died. I've replaced that chip, and now that player also appears to be working fine.

Both hard disks (one from each player) are also okay, but the Mk2 one needs to be remounted with spacers to avoid the death by spindle pressure syndrome.

Overall, a good deal for both of us, I think!

Cheers