This notice is only for folks outside the U.S. who would like to get their hands on one of these remotes (available in U.S. from Crutchfield, but apparently not available elsewhere). I'm posting here in case there are folks other than Archeon and Hybrid8 who are interested.

What I can do (and for how much!):

I would buy these remotes from Crutchfield all at one time (I expect I'll only do this once) and would repackage them for shipment via plain-old U.S. surface mail. Note: no tracking possible; in the unlikely event that it goes missing, there's nothing to be done. It IS, however, dirt cheap. $1.35 U.S to Canada and $3.20 to Europe.

So, allowing for (also cheap) Crutchfield shipping charges, postage charges, and a little $0.90 bubble-pack envelope, I would send these for:

Destination: Canada Europe
KCA-RC600 $32.25 $34.10
KCA-RC700 $37.25 $39.10

[edit: If there's interest beyond that geographically -- say Chile or Oz -- I expect the cost of shipping would be about the same as EU]

Because these are obviously not a letter, I'll have to add a customs form. To help with that, I will take them out of original box and repack them with manual, but no batteries (save weight). One of my other motivations in doing this is to use a whole bunch of these remotes in a very brief (say, 5 minute) piece of performance art that I have composed for some close friends. Nothing unsanitary, I promise, but, since they will be "used" I'll give them a customs value of $10 if that's OK.

If many other folks were interested, then Crutchfield shipping could be lower per unit, but for just for sanity's sake, I'd leave the prices as above. Payment is by Paypal or cash (another postal service trust exercise!!). Way too expensive to do a foriegn draft for something like this. If cash was the only option, I'd take USD or EUR (at next highest EUR5 -- paper money) equivalent.

I'd give this a couple days to let other visitors see this, then order early next week. Probably ship in 10-12 days. Please PM me to discuss payment, delivery address if interested!

(Side note: I did send 20 GBP cash once in the mail last year to pay for a copy of Colin McRae Rally 2 that I won on eBay -- without considering how cost-ineffective a foreign draft would be! I found some really dark newsprint from the Sunday paper and wrapped the bills in that. It all worked out fabulously, but at the time I wondered if I had lost my mind...)

Great New FAQ banner, BTW!!

Edited by jimhogan (05/02/2002 16:40)

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.