Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#64797 - 30/01/2002 11:58 Out of the Box "Firewall with WWW and FTP"
crazymelki
enthusiast

Loc: Switzerland
Hello,

I am looking around for a Linux software product in a ISO Image like "SmoothWall" or "IPCop". But I need a integrated Internet Web and FTP Server in addition to the Firewall, Proxy, DHCP etc. . Does somebody knows about a product with this feature requests.

Thanks in advance

#64798 - 30/01/2002 12:20 Re: Out of the Box "Firewall with WWW and FTP" [Re: crazymelki]
robricc
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
I built a firewall using Linux Mandrake SNF. It is awesome. I am still using it and it has never failed me. I am not sure what you mean by wanting a WWW server, but this administered through a web browser. I doubt there is a built-in FTP though.

#64799 - 30/01/2002 12:31 Re: Out of the Box "Firewall with WWW and FTP" [Re: robricc]
crazymelki
enthusiast

Loc: Switzerland
Thanks for the info! I will check it out....

I wanna use all feature (inkl. Web Server) on the same machine. This means that I wanna setup also my internet website on this firewall machine! But it have to be a out of the box product. I did download yesterday the smoothwall and did install it in a few minutes. But I missed this extra features (HTTP/FTP-Server).

bye