Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#82673 - 21/03/2002 00:34 Splicing wires and stuff...
jheathco
enthusiast

Loc: Mission Viejo, California
Anyways, my nokia phone came with one of those little headsets with a mic and an earphone, and I'm trying to hack away at it (ultimately to create a hands-free thing for my car). Well, I've spliced it and i notice 4 wires, 2 of which go to the mic and are separated (one is twisted around another and the two are separated by a little white thingy, kinda looks like an RCA if you've ever spliced one of those)..

The other two wires, unfortunately are confusing me, and they go to the earphone. I thought they would be setup the same way as the other two, but I guess they're not. They both just run right along next to eachother but have this white fuzzy type material that runs along with them. For the life of me I can't figure out how to crimp those to RCAs which in turn I could hook up to the aux input on the empeg.

If anyone has any idea what I'm talking about, which is unlikely because I don't think I explained it well, maybe someone has done something similar and could offer a little help.

#82674 - 21/03/2002 13:30 Re: Splicing wires and stuff... [Re: jheathco]
tman
carpal tunnel

Sounds like it is a little too thin to be crimped. Can you solder them to a plug instead?

- Trevor