Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#84097 - 28/03/2002 13:33 The Osbournes
davec
old hand

Loc: Georgetown, TX USA
Anyone watching The Osbournes on Mtv? Ozzy ROCKS!

I love the preview for next week...
While checking the venue the day of a show and upon seeing the bubble machine at work, Ozzy says,
"Bubbles? I don't need any damn bubbles, I'm the f-ing Princess of Darkness!"

I missed this weeks episode with the neighbors war, waiting for TiVo to grab it again today I think...

#84098 - 28/03/2002 13:46 Re: The Osbournes [Re: davec]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Only saw it once, but thought it was a great show! Really a lot of levels too...

The son who will always be a pu$$y compared to his dad but has to prove to the world that he is a bad ass.

The daughter who everyone THINKS is a bad ass, but really just wants to be a girl.

And of course .... OZZY - the old man who doesn't know life without being a rockstar.

#84099 - 28/03/2002 14:09 Re: The Osbournes [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
guardian__J
enthusiast

Loc: MI, USA
I think it's great too...
the neighbor war was funny...
that preview for next week does look funny...

#84100 - 28/03/2002 14:29 Re: The Osbournes [Re: davec]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Did I miss a memo?

Are you telling me that Ozzy Osbourne himself is starring in a semi-autobiographical sitcom?

This is too strange. Almost as strange as seeing "Crazy Train" used to sell Sport-utility vehicles.

#84101 - 28/03/2002 14:37 Re: The Osbournes [Re: tfabris]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Imagine "Real World" (a show I detest) staring the Osborn family....

#84102 - 28/03/2002 14:43 Re: The Osbournes [Re: tfabris]
guardian__J
enthusiast

Loc: MI, USA
yeah basically you get to watch them doing things like throwing large pieces of wood through their neighbors windows, and complaining about all the noise and loud music.

#84103 - 28/03/2002 15:52 Re: The Osbournes [Re: tfabris]
ithoughti
old hand

Loc: Boston, MA USA
Did I miss a memo? Are you telling me that Ozzy Osbourne himself is starring in a semi-autobiographical sitcom? This is too strange. Almost as strange as seeing "Crazy Train" used to sell Sport-utility vehicle

Where have you been? Living under a rock?

Oh, wait...that's right, you spend all your time looking at this stuff.

#84104 - 28/03/2002 15:56 Re: The Osbournes [Re: ithoughti]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

No, it's not that, it's that I don't watch network television. The only time my TV goes on is for the following events:

- DVDs.
- New episode of The Sopranos on HBO hi-def.
- New episode of Six Feet Under on HBO hi-def.
- New (good) movie on HBO hi-def.
- Junkyard Wars.

And very little outside of that.

#84105 - 28/03/2002 19:51 Re: The Osbournes [Re: tfabris]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Tony, I don't want to get too far off topic, but I have a hi-def tv (no tuner - please don't start that arguement that it can't be a hi-def display without a tuner because it can display 1080i) and get free DirecTV. I've been wondering if getting a HD DirecTV box would be worth it... how much programming is there?

#84106 - 28/03/2002 20:06 Re: The Osbournes [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

how much programming is there?

There are a few available hi-def channels. Depending on your physical location and whether or not you get a tuner that's got OTA (over-the-air) capability (as opposed to JUST tuning the satellite hi-def channels), you might be able to get a few networks in addition to the HBO/Showtime/Demochannel carried by the satellite company.

Even among the existing hi-def channels, they are not broadcasting hi-def programs all of the time. I think HBO is doing the best job so far, and they're only showing an actual hi-def signal about 50-70 percent of the time. The rest of the time, they're just enlarging a standard-def picture and side-boxing it to fit on the hi-def screen.

But when they do broadcast in true hi-def, it's worth it. It's like watching 35mm film.

So far, you don't get any programming you wouldn't get on standard def. For instance, HBOhd has the same programming as HBO. So you're not missing out on any programming without a hi-def tuner. You're just seeing some of it at a lower resolution than you could have seen it with HD.

For more questions about hi-def TVs and tuners, head on over to the Forums at www.hometheaterspot.com and discuss it there. No sense in getting too off topic here when the folks in that forum can answer your questions much better.

#84107 - 28/03/2002 20:11 Re: The Osbournes [Re: tfabris]
davec
old hand

Loc: Georgetown, TX USA
Did I miss a memo?

Memo to tfabris