Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#106671 - 22/07/2002 19:37 Placing playlists on your pronto
Neutrino
addict

Loc: The Great Pacific NorthWest
I found a file on remotecentral that was originally designed to allow you to place up to two hundred CD's onto your Pronto for easy access. It was originally post there by Ivan Gonzalez back in December of 99. You will need to have the compiler / decompiler (CCFTools) that is also available on remotecentral to use this file. It is an Excel file that will transfer your Pin / Artist / Title listings from an Excel spreedsheet into a pronto CSF file you than just compile the file and you have a Pronto CCF file with your music at the touch of a button!! I have modified the Macro so it will work with the Empeg. I have included a 'Blank' CCF for you to use and a populated CCF for you to look at.

Have Fun

P.S. When you place your playlists in the spreedsheet put the PIN number under the CD# column. I forgot to change the heading to "PIN"

Attachments
105224-prontoempeg.zip (57 downloads)

Edited by Neutrino (22/07/2002 19:40)

#106672 - 23/07/2002 10:46 Re: Placing playlists on your pronto [Re: Neutrino]
ashmoore
addict

Loc: TX
Now THAT is cool, I have just got my pronto (TSU2000) and set it up with Dales' mega ccf.
How many tracks can you fit into the pronto?

#106673 - 24/07/2002 03:36 Re: Placing playlists on your pronto [Re: ashmoore]
Neutrino
addict

I am unsure as to how many tracks can be entered into a pronto. This little Macro will automatically load upto 200 "Pins".
As I have my Pin numbers set up for albums I have loaded about 180 albums into it. I still have about 80% of its memory left even after I have added all of the panels for my other components.

#106674 - 24/07/2002 08:17 Re: Placing playlists on your pronto [Re: Neutrino]
blitz
addict

Loc: Texas
Your post was timely. I was going to pose a question as to how people were using the PIN feature. Can you give a three line example of how you set up your PINs?

#106675 - 24/07/2002 08:51 Re: Placing playlists on your pronto [Re: blitz]
Neutrino
addict

You simply Enter a number from 1 to 9999, I believe, in the "Pin" catagory using jEmplode or Emplode. You can assign a pin number to just about anything. Playlists, tracks, or any of the other subfolders you may have in your playlist section. I have set mine up with cross reference to genre and also as artist - album. I have seperated the pin numbers by 10 e.g. as "10,000 Maniacs is the first artist alphabetically its first album is pin number 10 the next album is pin number 20 and so on. This leaves room for expansion. When you push the "search" button on the remote you just enter the pin number for what you want to listen to followed by the "OK" button. It will play all of the tracks that are within that playlist or subfolder. Thats about it.