Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#148643 - 14/03/2003 14:28 Riot Bugs
Chimaera
enthusiast

Loc: DFW Area, Texas, US
OK, so I got myself a Riot a few weeks ago, overall it is a nice unit, a little larger than ideal, but most certainly usable and for the price it is the deal of the year.

Anyway during my playing with the unit (and my increased loathing of RealJB) I have found a few bugs in the Riot and in RealJB. Now I know with the Empeg we can just mention them here and they seem to work their way back, but as Riot wasn't born out of Cambridge I guess they are much less concerned with its bugs.

So my question is (well I got there eventually) does anyone know who I should report Riot bugs too, and what are my chances of getting them fixed?

#148644 - 14/03/2003 14:42 Re: Riot Bugs [Re: Chimaera]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
Real sucks big time and there is a new sonic blue hdd portable coming soon so I can't see them spending much time on the riot.

If you have XP you can use this Link

If you don't have XP go buy it, it's worth the money just to not have to use real jukebox.

Matt

#148645 - 14/03/2003 15:03 Re: Riot Bugs [Re: msaeger]
Chimaera
enthusiast

I know Pearl is on its way, I bought the Riot as a stop gap (as my PMP300 was getting a bit old), so I figured Cambridge probably wouldn't be putting too much time into it, but I was kind of hoping there was still a little support team left elsewhere for it.

As for XP, well I don't have it, and upgrading isn't really an option. My home PC's run Linux, so I will just use the app that Roger linked to a while back, my work PC runs Win2K but I cannot see the company being too happy if I just decided to upgrade it so I could use some SW that I shouldn't even have installed anyway.

Thanks Though,

#148646 - 16/03/2003 14:38 Re: Riot Bugs [Re: Chimaera]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
We inherited the Riot codebase. Lucky us. What's up with it?

Note that Real is not our problem. There are already alternatives to using it, and there will be more in the not too distant future.

Rob

#148647 - 16/03/2003 20:50 Re: Riot Bugs [Re: rob]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
I haven't had a problem with the riot just real jukebox

Matt

#148648 - 17/03/2003 08:14 Re: Riot Bugs [Re: rob]
Chimaera
enthusiast

Rob,

the main one with the Riot at the moment is the fact that album names appear to be truncated in some of the searches, for example I have 2 albums with similar names (the first 29 characters are the same), when I do play music, by Album, they are both listed, so the riot at that point knows they are differant, but whichever one I select I get the same list of tracks and the tracks are interleaved (track 1 album 1, track 1 album 2, track 2 album 1, track 2 album 2....) and as the tracks mix into each other the end result is two unlistenable albums.

If I hit the bottom button to get the track info, the album field has visable differances on the screen, so the correct information is available in the Riot (ie, Real hasn't mangled it on the way in).

Thanks,