Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#208420 - 08/03/2004 13:37 Canon Elph 2 Problems
burdell1
old hand

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
I have a Canon Elph 2 APS camera. After I ejected the film cartridge out today, I tried closing the film door with it empty. However, I then couldn't get it back open again. It seemed like the automatic mechanism that occurs when putting new film in got messed up somehow. AFter prying open the film door a few times, I thought i got the timing right again. and eventually I thought I had it working. So I tried putting some film in. Then I tried to get the film out (as an experiment...I didn't care if the film was wrecked-I wanted to make sure the camera was working properly before I took some important pictures with it and find out later they didn't turn out.) AGAIN THE DOOR WAS JAMMED. This time when I tried to pry the door open, it broke a piece of plastic that latched the film door to the rest of the camera. Does anyone out there familiar with this camera? Is there any way to replace that part?

#208421 - 08/03/2004 19:17 Re: Canon Elph 2 Problems [Re: burdell1]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
What's this "film" stuff? Is that some kind of new memory stick format? What capacities does it come in?