Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#243659 - 09/12/2004 02:30 So how much trouble...
Heather
addict

Loc: NY
do you think this guy is in?

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -Susan B Anthony

#243660 - 09/12/2004 02:54 Re: So how much trouble... [Re: Heather]
kayakjazz

Loc: Bay Area, CA/Anchorage, AK
Under any other administration, the public nature of his criticism would sheild him from reprisals, but in this one...which clearly cares little or nothing about public opinion, I would guess his days are numbered, probably literally....he'll be in the first line of fire.

#243661 - 09/12/2004 12:42 Re: So how much trouble... [Re: kayakjazz]
Cybjorg
addict

Loc: Winston Salem, NC
Quote:
....he'll be in the first line of fire.

Yeah. I'd say he can kiss his battlefield commission goodbye.

#243662 - 09/12/2004 13:14 Re: So how much trouble... [Re: Heather]
Ezekiel
pooh-bah

Loc: NH USA
Good for him, the man's got brass. He should be promoted. Of course he won't, which is a damn shame.

"Overall, there are 19,000 armored Humvees in the Iraqi theater. Some were built with additional armor, others had it added on later. That's, 2,000 short of what commanders are asking for, (Pentagon spokesman) Di Rita acknowledged."

-Zeke

#243663 - 09/12/2004 16:28 Re: So how much trouble... [Re: Heather]
ashmoore
addict

Loc: TX
I love the classic Rumsfeld comment
Quote:
You can have all the armor in the world on a tank and a tank can (still) be blown up

Tell that to the soldiers killed in unarmored humvees that would have been saved if driving an armored one.

Yes, these folks did sign up, but you expect your country to do its best to protect you when you are fighting on its behalf, instead of giving an uncaring, unthought comment like that.

Edited by ashmoore (09/12/2004 16:28)

#243664 - 09/12/2004 16:46 Re: So how much trouble... [Re: ashmoore]
Heather
addict

Quote:
Tell that to the soldiers killed in unarmored humvees that would have been saved if driving an armored one.

Never mind the humvees. When Alix first got over there, they had an inadequate WATER SUPPLY. Never mind whatever else they were short of or missing. And people wonder why he's not so wild about the idea of talking about his Iraq experience.

And at the very least, this guy is gonna lose all of his EARNED benefits. Instead of receiving the praise he deserves.

Then again, if I remember correctly, this administration either tried to cut, or successfully cut military benefits AFTER the shlt hit the fan. Mind you, many military families already make such awesome amounts of money they qualify for food stamps.

Very classy bunch we've got in there. But it's OK, they're protecting rich brats like myself from estate taxes, and successfully convincing those who recieve at the least no benefit from that move into thinking it's good for them too. And don't even start me on the out and out lies and gross misinformation (warning PDF file) that I'm paying to have taught to children. So sure in their path, even basic health information is something to be covered up. It's for our own good dontchaknow.

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -Susan B Anthony

#243665 - 10/12/2004 08:37 Re: So how much trouble... [Re: Heather]
bonzi
pooh-bah

Loc: Croatia
Quote:
And don't even start me on the out and out lies and gross misinformation (warning PDF file) that I'm paying to have taught to children. So sure in their path, even basic health information is something to be covered up. It's for our own good dontchaknow.

Heh, I guessed correctly what this will be... Your tax dollars tirelesly at work at promoting teen pregnancy and STDs
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue

#243666 - 10/12/2004 11:50 Re: So how much trouble... [Re: Heather]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Great link. I've been looking through it and there's some great things they pull out of one of the curricula, such as:

Quote:
"'remaining a virgin all but eliminates the possibility of becoming pregnant'"

Well, I guess it did happen that one time...

#243667 - 10/12/2004 12:51 Re: So how much trouble... [Re: Dignan]
bonzi
pooh-bah

Loc: Croatia
Depending of definition of 'virgin', 'sex', 'intercourse'... ('pregnant' is, I guess, quite well defined) - see under 'Clinton'
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue

#243668 - 10/12/2004 14:05 Re: So how much trouble... [Re: kayakjazz]
DWallach
carpal tunnel

Quote:
Under any other administration, the public nature of his criticism would sheild him from reprisals, but in this one...which clearly cares little or nothing about public opinion, I would guess his days are numbered, probably literally....he'll be in the first line of fire.

This morning on NPR, they interviewed this guy's wife, other people in Tennessee where he came from, and various other military people. Every single one was supportive of him and the military officials quoted in the story said there would be no backlash. My guess is that, if anything even slightly goes against this guy, that it will get all kinds of coverage. I think he's safe.

#243669 - 10/12/2004 14:22 Re: So how much trouble... [Re: DWallach]
Ezekiel
pooh-bah

Besides, wasn't Bush quoted as saying something along the lines of "If I were him, I'd ask those questions too."?

-Zeke

#243670 - 10/12/2004 15:08 Re: So how much trouble... [Re: Ezekiel]
DWallach
carpal tunnel

Quote:
Besides, wasn't Bush quoted as saying something along the lines of "If I were him, I'd ask those questions too."?

Something along those lines, yes. If anything, I imagine this guy's unit gets showered with new toys so the press can interview him in three months and he'll be talking about how things have really looked up.

#243671 - 10/12/2004 15:14 Re: So how much trouble... [Re: DWallach]
Ezekiel
pooh-bah

Never doubt the spin machine's abilites....

#243672 - 10/12/2004 17:16 Re: So how much trouble... [Re: DWallach]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Quote:
I think he's safe.

Heck, after reading the subject of the thread the first time and reading the article, I thought Heather was referring to Rummy. Boy do I wish that guy had left.

#243673 - 10/12/2004 17:22 Re: So how much trouble... [Re: Dignan]
ashmoore
addict

Loc: TX
My favorite bush administration wierdo is Dick Cheney.
After 911 he was being interviewed and was talking about US allies and referred to The Paks when talking about the Pakistani government.

They need to tape that guys mouth shut.

#243674 - 11/12/2004 17:53 Re: So how much trouble... [Re: bonzi]
Heather
addict

Quote:
Heh, I guessed correctly what this will be... Your tax dollars tirelesly at work at promoting teen pregnancy and STDs

“twenty-four chromosomes from the mother and twenty-four chromosomes from the father join to create this new individual”;

At least we now know why they're so stupid, it's the extra chromosomes.

“Tell the class that the Bride price is actually an honor to the bride. It says she is valuable to the groom and he is willing to give something valuable for her.”

Are hookers valuable too? Why is it different?

One book in the “Choosing the Best” series presents a story about a knight who saves a princess from a dragon. The next time the dragon arrives, the princess advises the knight to kill the dragon with a noose, and the following time with poison, both of which work but leave the knight feeling “ashamed.” The knight eventually decides to marry a village maiden, but did so “only after making sure she knew nothing about nooses or poison.”

Moral of the story: A know nothing dumb bitch makes a good wife.

This one is good too:

One curriculum teaches that men are sexually aggressive and lack deep emotions. In a chart of the top five women’s and men’s basic needs, the curriculum lists “sexual fulfillment” and “physical attractiveness” as two of the top five “needs” in the men’s section. “Affection,” “Conversation,” “Honesty and Openness,” and “Family Commitment” are listed only as women’s needs. The curriculum teaches: “A male is usually less discriminating about those to whom he is sexually attracted. . . . Women usually have greater intuitive awareness of how to develop a loving relationship.”

I'n conclusion: Men are dumb animals, so if a relationship fails, it's the woman's fault. So Alix should be a walkin out the door any minute, since I've gained 25 pounds since he moved home and we talk too much. Oh wait, I was supposedly deprived of financial support since he took a few months off from work. Feck him.

“It is critical that students understand that if they choose to be sexually active, they are at risk” for cervical cancer.

Makes me wonder about that nun I met while I was being treated for cervical cancer. Oh wait, it would have to be an unadjusted truth for that to happen. I forgot virgins don't get cancer.

This condition is called gynecomastia and is a normal sign of hormonal changes.

Men are supposed to grow boobs too. Who knew? I guess it's time for me to go undo all that fancy northeastern evil book learnin then.

Then they've got the nerve to wonder why we don't respect them. No wonder they kick our asses in the preggo-teen competition over in the bible belt. Another PDF. It makes me wonder what Vermont and New Hampshire are doing right tho.

At least I can take comfort in knowing that my cohabitating, deliberately childless lifestyle is just as much of a threat to their marriage as gays. I was starting to feel a little left out there since they've eased up on illegal aliens and brown people.

#243675 - 11/12/2004 20:29 Re: So how much trouble... [Re: Heather]
canuckInOR
carpal tunnel

Loc: Portland, OR
Quote:
“Tell the class that the Bride price is actually an honor to the bride. It says she is valuable to the groom and he is willing to give something valuable for her.”
Are hookers valuable too? Why is it different?

Because with hookers, you have to keep paying. You only have to pay the Bride price once, and then, 'til death do you part, it's like... "shut up and get me a beer, bitch -- I 0\/\/n j00!" (Ephesians 5:22-24)

Hoover was worried about the wrong Reds.

#243676 - 11/12/2004 21:39 Re: So how much trouble... [Re: canuckInOR]
Heather
addict

Quote:
Because with hookers, you have to keep paying. You only have to pay the Bride price once, and then, 'til death do you part, it's like... "shut up and get me a beer, bitch -- I 0\/\/n j00!" (Ephesians 5:22-24)

Um, a lot of men keep paying with a wife too. Sounds just like a hooker to me, only with a much shorter client list.