Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#286301 - 02/09/2006 14:15 Accepting payments/$$ from Romania, Russia, etc..
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
I'm currently using PayPal to process all payments for my software sales. The process is usually pretty straight forward whether the buyer has a PayPal account or not (they can pay simply with credit card without an account).

PayPal doesn't accept payments from some countries however, due to their higher risk status I suppose. Those include both Russia and Romania.

Does anyone have any other sugestions for accepting payment from these places, even if it's a one-by-one manual process? Kagi and SWReg are out of the question as they're far too much trouble to implement and a robbery for the vendor.

#286302 - 02/09/2006 15:54 Re: Accepting payments/$$ from Romania, Russia, etc.. [Re: hybrid8]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've used moneybookers.com in the past for this type of thing. It's based in europe. It's not as good as paypal, and their merchant API wasn't very advanced or non-existant last time I checked, but it works for people who aren't from paypal-friendly countries.

#286303 - 04/09/2006 04:35 Re: Accepting payments/$$ from Romania, Russia, etc.. [Re: ]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
I think this may be a fine solution. I spent some time reading their details and will sign up this week to give them a shot.

Thanks for the info!