Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#292655 - 24/01/2007 01:40 Problems with a trip odometer.....
burdell1
old hand

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
So you probably already saw the post about replacing the odometer light....which seems to be working now....there is another problem...ever since i got the car, when i try to switch the digital odometer to trip odometer mode, it would take many, many tries before it would switch to the trip odometer. If I hold the switch in, it is supposed to reset the trip odometer to zero (which only works once in awhile as well.) Has anyone else had a similar problem?

#292656 - 24/01/2007 08:06 Re: Problems with a trip odometer..... [Re: burdell1]
JBjorgen
carpal tunnel

Loc: Columbus, OH
Depending on what kind of switch it is, sometimes some light sanding with fine sandpaper will clean up corrosion on the copper contacts. I have that problem with a different kind of switch in one of my vehicles.

#292657 - 24/01/2007 12:49 Re: Problems with a trip odometer..... [Re: JBjorgen]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
Depending on what kind of switch it is, sometimes some light sanding with fine sandpaper will clean up corrosion on the copper contacts. I have that problem with a different kind of switch in one of my vehicles.

The recommendation used to be to use a reasonably coarse pencil eraser for cleaning copper contacts -- less abrasive than sandpaper, but still did the job.

#292658 - 24/01/2007 13:10 Re: Problems with a trip odometer..... [Re: Roger]
burdell1
old hand

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
i would try that but it seems that it is just a black button on the circuit board. would it be safe (and when i say safe I mean to not fry the motherboard) to hook up the circuit board to the car so i can just press the button directly to see if the button works?