Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#296832 - 12/04/2007 17:25 Blatent plug: my software is being given away with the Independent
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
<plug>

I know software that I have written has been used (and probably cursed) by lots of people, but I don't think it has ever managed as high a profile as it is getting in the UK on Saturday.

This Saturday 14th April, through to Friday 20th April the Independent newspaper will be featuring a CD-ROM and workbook that teaches you how to play the keyboard. The software and lesson content is from a company called Gigajam and I wrote/fixed their software.

So if you are in the UK and want some "free" software to teach you how to play the keyboard, get out and buy that Independent...

Anyway, bragging over, here is a link to some more details

http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/music/features/article2415382.ece

</plug>

Spamming over.

#296833 - 12/04/2007 17:49 Re: Blatent plug: my software is being given away with the Independent [Re: andy]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Awesome. Sadly, it's a little hard to come by an Independent on this side of the Atlantic, and I imagine that the copies that are shipped over don't include CDROMs and such.

Edited by wfaulk (12/04/2007 17:49)

#296834 - 14/04/2007 13:37 Re: Blatent plug: my software is being given away with the Independent [Re: andy]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Congrats! I hope you're in on the action and not just a blue-collar workhorse earning a salary.

#296835 - 14/04/2007 14:07 Re: Blatent plug: my software is being given away with the Independent [Re: ]
andy
carpal tunnel

Not salaried, but also not in on the action as such. Did various bits of contract work for them, updating their existing software and designing/coding new stuff. Working on their next generation software at the moment.

My brother however is one of their employees.

#296836 - 14/04/2007 14:27 Re: Blatent plug: my software is being given away with the Independent [Re: andy]
Cris
pooh-bah

Loc: Leeds, UK
As well as the TV ads, I saw adverts all over Manchester last night for this.

Looks good!

Cheers

Cris.

#296837 - 14/04/2007 17:47 Re: Blatent plug: my software is being given away with the Independent [Re: Cris]
andy
carpal tunnel

I have to say at the moment I am terrified that a whole bunch of people are going to try and install it tomorrow and find that it doesn't work...

...the reality is probably more that no one will install it

I'm busy making my company website look like something useful at the moment (currently it just redirects to my personal site), as there are links from the "About" screen to it.