Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#358288 - 16/04/2013 02:44 Michael Stuhlbarg
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
He plays "Griffin", the five-dimensional space/time aware alien in the film "Men In Black 3", which I just watched and enjoyed very much by the way.

Every time he spoke in that film, I was sure that I'd heard his voice before. But not his face, I didn't recognize his face. That tells me he must have done voiceover work in the past, or perhaps worked in a face-obscuring costume. Either in an animated film, a video game, or some other similar kind of thing.

But looking at his complete IMDB listing, there is literally nothing on that list that I've seen. I'm really stumped by this, it's like an itch I can't scratch. I have to know where I've heard that voice before.

Vixy says that I'm thinking of Tim Kazurinsky. While I agree that the Griifin character sorta sounds like some of Tim's old SNL characters, he doesn't match the itch I've got in the back of my brain.

Maybe Michael is doing a convincing impression of another actor, but if that's the case, I'm still having trouble placing the part that he's doing the impression *of*.

You guys found a mystery bridge once. Can you find a mystery character?

Empeg hive mind: activate!

#358289 - 16/04/2013 03:11 Re: Michael Stuhlbarg [Re: tfabris]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I'm trying to decide if I'm thinking of Dr. Kleiner. I don't *think* so. He's close, but Kleiner is over-the-top and the voice I'm thinking of is gentler. But I think it's in the same class of character as Kleiner, perhaps a scientist or some such.