Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#64769 - 30/01/2002 10:06 Looking for Tom Petty's "Playback", disc 2...
MisterBeefhead

Loc: Crete, Il USA
I hope I'm not overstepping the boundries around here...

I'm wondering if anyone around here has the "Playback" box set by Tom Petty, and if so, if they would be willing to send me a copy of disc two. Mine got cracked when a videotape fell off of the top shelf of my system rack onto the open drawer of my cd player during a particularly loud movie viewing.

It is one hell of a bummer to have to buy a new $50 box set to replace one disc out of six. If anyone could I would be eternally grateful and would gladly pay you for your time.

Much thanks in advance.

Oh, I'm in the US.

#64770 - 30/01/2002 21:28 Re: Looking for Tom Petty's "Playback", disc 2... [Re: MisterBeefhead]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I would normally say that yes, this oversteps the boundaries of what's allowed on the BBS.

I think everyone can understand the pain you're in for that particular situation, and I don't think you're wrong in wanting to get the missing tunes from a lost/damaged/stolen disc.

Hell, I've had two separate copies of Steve Morse's "Southern Steel" stolen. Right now, my only copy is my set of 128kbps rips from the last copy just before it was stolen (it was after this theft that I got my first empeg player to replace the stolen CD player). So I know where you're coming from.

Still, I will lock this thread and recommend that you conduct this sort of business on your own, privately, without involving the BBS. Thanks.