Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#91636 - 02/05/2002 09:21 Dazzle DVD Complete software
davec
old hand

Loc: Georgetown, TX USA
I saw this software demo'd on The Screen Savers Monday and got the Demo version. It's pretty cool, created a DVD on a CDR that works with Power DVD but not Windows Media Player, but the VCD I created doesn't work with anything.
But my biggest problem is that when I try to add this one particular AVI, it hangs during the encoding.
Can anyone here that knows alot about video editing and the likes tell me if this AVI is corrupted or something to cause this? It was recorded the same was as my other footage on my cancorder and captured the same way. No matter where I clip the start and end, it does the same. I contacted support and so far their suggestions from their automated help don't help.
Just looking for some suggestions...

#91637 - 02/05/2002 10:11 Re: Dazzle DVD Complete software [Re: davec]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
VCDHelp.com is your best bet for answers to anything related to this.

In regards to how the disc doesn't play in anything, I may have an answer. You still need to go to VCDhelp.com first, but check their compatability list. I mad a few VCDs over the winter, and couldn't get any to play in my dad's regular ol Sony DVD player even though it stated that it could play VCD's. I checked their compatability list, and found that that particular model only plays VCDs written on CDRW's, not CDR's. After that, it worked fine.

Also, how do you make a DVD on a regular CDR?

#91638 - 02/05/2002 10:41 Re: Dazzle DVD Complete software [Re: Dignan]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Right. I experienced that as well.

Some DVD players will only play a burned CDRW, because the laser wavelength of an RW is closer to that of a DVD.

CDRs need a different laser wavelength, and are usually only playable by dual-mode DVD players that were specifically designed to play CDRs.

#91639 - 02/05/2002 14:41 Re: Dazzle DVD Complete software [Re: Dignan]
davec
old hand

Loc: Georgetown, TX USA
Thanks, I'll check out the site tonight.

As for a DVD on a CDR, I just put it in my Plextor CD-RW and created the DVD. It plays on my DVD-ROM with Power DVD as well as the Plextor CD-RW on a regular CDR. And plays on my laptop DVD-ROM as well.
You don't get as much data on it obviously, but as far as I can tell it's treated as a DVD, says ont he PowerDVD console it's playing a DVD. I haven't tried in a regular DVD player yet though. Still messing around with everything.

Weird thing is a VCD I got that will play only on my XP box with PowerDVD will not play on my laptop with PowerDVD. I get the title screen doing an infinite loop and that's all.

And the VCD I made with DVD Complete won't even play in the Plextor drive that burned it... And Windows Media Player doesn't ever seem to acknowledge anything that was burned as a valid disc for VCD or DVD.
Does Winblows MP play DVD? I forget...

Also I've picked up a PCI Firewire card, as I've been using the Firewire port on the SB Audigy card, and I think it may be the source of some of my audio problems in the capture, which may be directly related to my encoding hanging problems...