Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#100893 - 23/06/2002 02:47 Free RTA program and quick RTA how-to
mrmunsell
journeyman

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
It's a little late, but this is a follow up to an old RTA thread.

First, if anyone is still looking for a good RTA program, I came across a completely free RTA program that works great. It's called Praxis, by Liberty Instruments. You can download it and the related documentation from the Liberty Instruments Website.

It is actually intended to be used with their audio measurement hardware, but the software still lets you use some features even without their hardware, including RTA measurements. And it's truly free with no expiration period or anything like that. I have been using it for a couple of months with no problems.

While I was updating my webpage, I decided to do a quick write up about using a PC as an RTA with Praxis that some may find useful.

#100894 - 23/06/2002 08:04 Re: Free RTA program and quick RTA how-to [Re: mrmunsell]
philp69
journeyman

Loc: Long Island, NY
Very cool program! I don't know how I missed that one when I was searching around. Now if I could only get those damn kickpanel enclosures finished...

Excellent job on your website too!

Cheers,
Phil

#100895 - 25/08/2002 14:18 Free RTA program and reference microphone offer with German autohifi magazine [Re: mrmunsell]
pim
addict

Loc: The Hague, the Netherlands
This free RTA program is included on the CD that comes with the august/september issue of autohifi magazine. As an extra service to its readers, autohifi magazine offers its readers a self-assembly microphone kit, which includes a cigarettelighter powered preamplifier. The microphone itself is made by Monacor. I can't tell from this article whether this mcrophone has perfect frequency response, or a not-so-perfect but documented frequency response or neither, just that it's "hochwertig".

The kit is offered for € 49,90 + € 8 shipping. There is no mention of shipping to destinations outside of Germany.

The microphone kit can be orderd by postal mail:

Audio System
Falltorstrasse 6
76707 Hambrücken
Germany

or by fax:

+49 7255 7190795

or by e-mail:

[email protected]

Pim