Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#147748 - 09/03/2003 21:47 PNG Files
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
For some reason, PNG images are not showing up in IE for me. I'm not sure why. Is there a setting I can change to make them show up? I mean, I'm running 6.0.28...., so I don't see why they shouldn't. What's the deal??

#147749 - 09/03/2003 22:13 Re: PNG Files [Re: Dignan]
xanatos
enthusiast

Loc: Denver, CO
I've had this problem before.

The cause?

Applie Quicktime.

It's getting just as bad as Real Media. Too bad I have to have QT installed because of my Digital Camera. You should be able to go in and tell it to remove all of its associations. If that's not the cause, than I dunno.

(Oh I'm running XP, I'm not sure if you are as well or not)

#147750 - 09/03/2003 22:34 Re: PNG Files [Re: xanatos]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Thanks. I did have some obnoxious QT files on my computer (a search revealed that there was supposedly a Quicktime folder in my start>programs menu, when there was no such folder. that's a little annoying).

Anyway, it didn't look like there were any QT associations for any files, and PNG is associated to Paint Shop Pro at the moment. I've got a Win2K box.

Apparently, Microsoft hasn't been too great with PNG implementation in IE. I don't really mind, it's just that I downloaded the program Weather Watcher, and it uses PNG maps for its sattelite and radar maps. Oh well, it doesn't matter because the author is changing that method anyway.

Thanks.