Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#155648 - 16/04/2003 13:34 Best software for on-the-fly CD copy w/CDDB info?
CurlyKicker

Loc: Orange County, CA
Hey all-

I'm looking for a piece of software that does a great job at copying a CD on-the-fly and also has the ability to look up the CD's title, artist, etc. on the CDDB so that I can enter it to create CD-Text enabled CDs.

I know that EAC is a great ripper but doesn't do on-the-fly.

CloneCD does on-the-fly and is also good but doesn't look up the CD in the CDDB.

Nero does these things but I'm concerned about the quality. Should I be? If so, what would you suggest?

#155649 - 16/04/2003 13:36 Re: Best software for on-the-fly CD copy w/CDDB info? [Re: CurlyKicker]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The Rio Central?

[edit] You're talking about straight CD-to-CD, not about ripping MP3s. Sorry.

Most CD editing packages like EZ CD and Nero do a fine job of copying directly from CD to CD. I don't know about adding CD text though.

In fact, I don't know of any automatic packages that copy a CD directly but ALSO allow you to easily add CD text. Usually if you want to add CD text to a disc that didn't have it before, you need to make your own CD layout from the WAV tracks.

#155650 - 16/04/2003 14:17 Re: Best software for on-the-fly CD copy w/CDDB info? [Re: CurlyKicker]
Phoenix42
veteran

Loc: MA but Irish born
It might not exist, I think the two function are mutuaily exclusive.
CD on the fly copying generates an identical copy and what you looking for is not an identical copy. You want to alter it and add in CD-Text info.
I think you might have to rip to WAV (and do the CDDB step) and then write to CD.

But then I've been know to talk out my ass.