Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#166299 - 18/06/2003 09:17 Compact board?
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I just received my new SE P800 phone yesterday. I've already received 3.7MB of data from browsing the internet almost all of yesterday, and I still haven't even made a phone call with it yet

So I was wondering, is there a way to access the forum that is less...detailed...or something? I visited the board, but it took forever to get through all the notes and extra text that never seems noticeable on a real computer.

Any ideas? I thought about signing up under a different SN and optimizing the display preferences, but I'd like to do that only if there are not other options.

Also, I'd like to make a request. Could everyone who has an avatar on the board and it is not the "official" size of 65x75, could you resize it? Some of your icons are just enormous, especially on a small display. The board resizes all the images for you but they are still the large versions.

Thanks!

#166300 - 18/06/2003 09:52 Re: Compact board? [Re: Dignan]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
I'm not sure what it is that you want filtered out, but it seems to me none of the BBS's built-in options are going to do much for you. Turning off avatars and changing the thread view to "flat" might help out, but that's about it. If you want to, say, strip the header and footer away from the BBS, that's not going to happen without some custom script to do the filtering for you.

At one time I thought about writing a little script to extract just the text from all new threads and display it in one, easy-to-view web page, but I never got around to it. That sounds like what you'd want on a mobile device, then you could just open the "real BBS" when you want to reply to something.