Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#211773 - 01/04/2004 07:45 ATI All In Wonder DVD Problem
mvigneau

Loc: Manchester, NH
I have the ATI All-In-Wonder 9600 Pro. I have recorded shows that I like into DVD mode (MPEG2, etc). I would like to clean up space on my drive and that it would be cool to transfer the videos to DVD (about 2 hours on each DVD) since each 1-hour show is like 2.5GB.

I have tried converting them to DVD but the Audio doesn't work on any standalone player. I get video but no audio. If I play the DVD on the DVD player in my computer, it works fine and I hear audio.

Here are the programs that I have tried:

1.) NERO 6 (Errors out and never completes).
2.) TMPGEnc DVD Author (works but no audio on standalone player and no choice for anything but MPEG Layer II audio).

I will be trying Roxio tonight but didn't know if anyone had any ideas or has tried this before?

#211774 - 01/04/2004 08:18 Re: ATI All In Wonder DVD Problem [Re: mvigneau]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I haven't done much converting in this exact manner, but I do a good amount of DVD authoring. I actually didn't like TMPGEnc's DVD Author program very much. These days, my VIDEO_TS folders are created through DVDlab from Mediachance. After importing videos into there, it will warn you of any compatability problems, and correct many of them. However, I still use TMPGEnc to get my files to the correct format for importing. But if you've got MPEG2's already that shouldn't be a problem.

Also, it might be good to check out DVDRHelp.com to make sure you know what your standalone player is capable of playing.

#211775 - 01/04/2004 08:22 Re: ATI All In Wonder DVD Problem [Re: Dignan]
mvigneau

Loc: Manchester, NH
Well, I will look into that product.

I don't think that the standalone player is the problem because video displays fine. I think that TMPGEnc is not converting the audio or reconverting it to MP2 which I don't think the DVD player supports. Just my thoughts.

#211776 - 01/04/2004 08:50 Re: ATI All In Wonder DVD Problem [Re: mvigneau]
andym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manchester UK
My only bad experience of making my own VCD/SVCD/DivX disks to play on my standalone player is to ensure the audio is layer 3 and not layer 2. All my problems stemmed from that.

Andy M

#211777 - 01/04/2004 09:26 Re: ATI All In Wonder DVD Problem [Re: mvigneau]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Good point. That's probably what it is.

Actually, most DVD programs I've used have required elementary streams before it creates the final DVD. Also, most of the time I end up making the audio DVD compliant myself in Cool Edit Pro. Also make sure it's 48KHz. I run into that problem with most files. But if the ATI recorded it correctly, it should be that way already.