Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#275661 - 06/02/2006 15:17 Cheap UK source for Mac VOIP USB handsets...
Cris
pooh-bah

Loc: Leeds, UK
Aria have a great deal on at the moment for USB VOIP handsets for £12.87, see the Deal Of The Day page model TEL-E-ZI-PHONE-S, you can get OSX drivers from here.

It seems to work really well, maybe a little buggy at the moment but they are in Beta. I don't think I have seen they cheaper anywhere else?

I am using on of their PSTN split boxes at my end so I can use the same handset as PSTN, there are no OSX drivers for this yet the quality seems alittle poor, a little too much sidetone for me, but hey I guess I have an ear for that sort of thing

Cheers

Cris.

#275662 - 06/02/2006 15:26 Re: Cheap UK source for Mac VOIP USB handsets... [Re: Cris]
andym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manchester UK
Quote:
a little too much sidetone for me, but hey I guess I have an ear for that sort of thing

Nerd!

Which split box are you using? I noticed that Netgear have got a cool looking WiFi voip phone coming out soon.

Attachments
275871-Phone_TEST.jpg (65 downloads)

Andy M

#275663 - 06/02/2006 15:33 Re: Cheap UK source for Mac VOIP USB handsets... [Re: andym]
Cris
pooh-bah

Loc: Leeds, UK
The one that Aria sells, it needs a windows box to run the server on, but thats ok for me as I just put it on my CCTV machine.

It's just a simple press of ** to swap to VOIP, then 1# to speeddial you know who it puts a loop on the PSTN so that rings to message and swaps back to PSTN once the call is over, same for incoming. Very easy, if I were BT I would be very very worried.

I like the idea of a WiFi phone, it won't be long before some smart person brings out a GSM/GPRS/WiFi/Skype mobile phone....

Cheers

Cris.