Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#282117 - 27/05/2006 08:56 Hong Kong guide
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
If you had two days in Hong Kong, what the are the things you absolutely must do and see?

Rob

#282118 - 27/05/2006 11:05 Re: Hong Kong guide [Re: rob]
MarkH

First visit ? It's not that exciting a tourist place - it's all business business business. However:

- dim sum lunch at city hall
- peak tram ride
- lunch / dinner on kowloon side at peninsula / aqua / hutong
- decide which particular kind of tourist souvenir tat you want to take back and go to that market and haggle a lot
- top deck of no. 6 bus from central to stanley
- art galleries on hollywood road / lyndhurst terrace
- big buddha on lantau, take the cable car
- beers in lan kwai fong
- lunch at china club if you know a member
- walk round causeway bay / wanchai. drink fresh juice, eat the egg rolls and noodles

Regards

Mark

#282119 - 03/06/2006 11:03 Re: Hong Kong guide [Re: MarkH]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
Thanks for the info. I'm staying at the Langham in Mongkok so I spent most of today in the shopping centre (15 floors!) and the electronics market. Surprisingly electronic items like phones, memory cards, batteries etc aren't particularly cheap, even from the really dodgy market traders. In some cases it seems to take some hard haggling to get the prices even to UK level. I should have done more shopping in Taiwan (although everything I saw there was fake).

I guess I'll give up on spending money and try out some touristy activities tomorrow.

Has there ever been a HK empeg meet? Is anyone else here?

Rob