Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#294485 - 02/03/2007 19:23 Office Projector Recommendations
visuvius
addict

Has anyone recently purchased a projector for the office? We've been going to a lot of meetings lately showing of our new software and having our own projector would be really handly.

I realize that lumens is probably the biggest thing I should focus on as these meetings are in regular conference rooms or offices. Also, I won't be using a screen. I'd rather throw the image right up on a wall.

I'm leaning towards this Panasonic unit

Its a "Wireless Transmission Projector" ( IEEE 802.11b/g wireless network capable with Wireless Manager ME 3.0 software). This feature really appeals to me for various reasons, but I'm wondering how well it works.

Has anyone used a projector with this feature? I can't seem to find any reviews for this unit, or for the feature in general.

thx for any info.

#294486 - 02/03/2007 21:31 Re: Office Projector Recommendations [Re: visuvius]
Waterman981
old hand

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT
Never used that one, but I always scope projector central when drooling over projectors.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Panasonic-PT-LB50NTU.htm

#040103696 on a shelf
Mk2a - 90 GB - Red - Illuminated buttons

#294487 - 04/03/2007 15:12 Re: Office Projector Recommendations [Re: visuvius]
FireFox31
pooh-bah

Loc: East Coast, USA
The power (lumens) you get should be proportional to the size screen/room you need to project in. I don't know the direct corespondance though. Buy a projector which can fill the biggest screen you think you'll need in the next few years.

Also, will you be traveling, taking your projector to demos at other offices? There are many small, lightweight projectors which are good for small offices. They're worth their (light) weight in gold when you can bring it in your carry on in the plain.

I have never had a problem with my inFocus projector, an LP-180 from five years ago. Tiny thing which my staff members bring all over the country. Saved $thousands in rental projectors at conferences.