Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#304498 - 28/11/2007 04:58 Cool: Summer Glau gets to be a Terminator
gbeer
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manteca, California

Edited by gbeer (28/11/2007 05:00)

#304499 - 28/11/2007 05:24 Re: Cool: Summer Glau gets to be a Terminator [Re: gbeer]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
According to the bio page, she got the role because she could do the terminator monotone. It seems she gets to deliver the "come with me if you want to live" line.

Awesome.

#304500 - 28/11/2007 12:59 Re: Cool: Summer Glau gets to be a Terminator [Re: gbeer]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Quote:
http://sarahconnor.wetpaint.com/page/Cameron+Phillips

Ok, so I'm a bit behind on this.

Discussed a bit here.

#304501 - 30/11/2007 02:43 Re: Cool: Summer Glau gets to be a Terminator [Re: tfabris]
gbeer
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manteca, California
Quote:
According to the bio page, she got the role because she could do the terminator monotone. It seems she gets to deliver the "come with me if you want to live" line.

Awesome.

Potentially a great double en taunt. To be sure I'd have rather not heard/read about it before seeing the scene where it's delivered.

Nobodies fault here. Saw it after looking up the Fox web site, post seeing the promo.

#304502 - 30/11/2007 04:28 Re: Cool: Summer Glau gets to be a Terminator [Re: tfabris]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
I wonder if this show is going to stink as bad as Bionic Woman. It's hard to imagine. Bionic and Chuck seem to have a huge lead on everything else for ultra-crap-of-2007. Though to be truthful, Heroes isn't far behind this season (oh how the mighty fall).

#304503 - 30/11/2007 05:41 Re: Cool: Summer Glau gets to be a Terminator [Re: hybrid8]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Quote:
I wonder if this show is going to stink as bad as Bionic Woman. It's hard to imagine. Bionic and Chuck seem to have a huge lead on everything else for ultra-crap-of-2007. Though to be truthful, Heroes isn't far behind this season (oh how the mighty fall).

I seem to be in the minority that actually likes Chuck. I'm not sure what it is that people hate about it so much.

Bionic Woman is bad, though. Very bad. There's nothing interesting about it.

Heroes, I would argue, was never as mighty as the insane amount of press propelling it. It still baffles me. I watch the show, but just because I'm a sucker for superhero stuff, which I don't even really get satisfied with on that show. I'm working on a long tirade about what I don't like about the show...

So far, the looming cancellation that has my wife and I the saddest is Journeyman. The show has had its faults, but we really like it, and last week's episode I felt was the strongest so far. Now NBC appears to be canceling it, and even though they've aired 11 of the 12 finished episodes, they're refusing to air the 12th, which was designed by the creators as a season finale. Instead they're airing TWO new episodes of Life next week. Life is an okay show, but I'd trade it in a heartbeat for more Journeyman episodes.

If they cancel Pushing Daisies after this strike is over, that would be a shame. It's without a doubt my favorite new show.

#304504 - 30/11/2007 18:43 Re: Cool: Summer Glau gets to be a Terminator [Re: hybrid8]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
What is it that people don't like about Heroes this season? I've not watched the most recent two episodes yet, but I've enjoyed this season just as much as last season. Okay, the two Hispanic characters are annoying, but that's not a huge deal. I remember the same backlash against Lost last season, and I was as dumbfounded by it as well.

#304505 - 30/11/2007 19:24 Re: Cool: Summer Glau gets to be a Terminator [Re: Dignan]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Quote:
Now NBC appears to be canceling it, and even though they've aired 11 of the 12 finished episodes, they're refusing to air the 12th

Update:

Quote:
NBC has decided to air the 12th episode ("Perfidia") on Wednesday, December 19th at ten o'clock. That means our 10th episode will air on Monday the 10th ("Home by Another Way"), the 11th will air on 17th ("The Hanged Man").

#304506 - 30/11/2007 19:44 Re: Cool: Summer Glau gets to be a Terminator [Re: Dignan]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Possible spoilers for the show HEROES below.

OK, how do you color text? The shortcut buttons for the UBB code don't work in Safari nor Camino in Mac OS.

My favorite shows this season are definitely Journeyman, Life and Pushing Daisies. I had fears they would cancel all three. They cancelled last year's best shows. Heroes this season is so much weaker than any of these. But it likely has last year's fan base still watching.

I thought when it premiered that I'd not like Journeyman. But when the episode was over I saw some promise. By the end of the third episode I new I'd keep watching. It's gotten better due in part to the story arc they've been developing in the background.

Spoiler:
Urebrf vf ybfg (ab cha vagraqrq). Gurl znqr n pbzcyrgr naq hggre zrff bs guvf frnfba'f fgbel yvar. Bar bs gurve svefg zvfgnxrf jnf er-vagebqhpvat Fvyne va gur svefg rcvfbqr. Ur fubhyq unir orra xrcg hagvy guvf cnfg jrrx be fb. V qba'g zvaq gur Fbhgu Nzrevpna punenpgref nf zhpu nf V zvaq Cnexzna (V fjrne gung thl cynlf gur fnzr punenpgre ba rirel fubj, tbvat nyy gur jnl onpx gb Sryvpvgl - juvpu V qvqag jngpu ohg fnj cbegvbaf bs fbzr rcvfbqrf jvgu uvz). Nyfb ungr gur Fherfu punenpgre, rira gubhtu V dhvgr yvxrq jung gurl jrer qbvat jvgu uvz gur svefg unys bs ynfg frnfba. V fjrne, Fherfu naq Cnexzna znxr gur cresrpg yrfovna cnegaref. Ubj pna gur jevgref pbzr hc jvgu fhpu tneontr naq gbff pbagvahvgl naq qrirybcrq punenpgre cebsvyrf bhg gur jvaqbj? V nyfb trg naablrq ol FVyne, ohg hayvxr gur bguref, V guvax vg'f zber gur npgbe naq abg gur punenpgre.

Gb znxr znggref jbefr gurl qvq gur jubyr zvaq-oynaxvat guvat ba gur Crgre punenpgre naq abj gung ur unf uvf zrzbel onpx ur'f npgvat yvxr na rira ovttre vqvbg. Abcr, abg tbvat gb frr vs uvf oebgure vf BX. Abg tbvat gb sbyybj hc jvgu nal bs gur bgure crbcyr jur urycrq uvz "fnir gur jbeyq" ynfg gvzr. Abg tbvat gb yvfgra gb gur Uveb punenpgre jub ur xabjf pna nyfb geniry guebhtu gvzr naq zvtug xabj fbzrguvat nobhg "Nqnz" ur qbrfa'g. Vg frrzf gb zr gung gur jevgref jnyxrq bss guvf fubj yngr ynfg lrne whfg orsber gur frnfba raqrq naq guvf frnfba unf orra jevggra ol gur pbfghzr fgnss. Gunaxshyyl gur npgbef ner tbbq rabhtu gb chyy bs gur qvnybthr. Juvpu vgfrys vfa'g jevggra gung onqyl be njxjneqyl - vg'f gur fvghngvbaf naq birenyy fgbel gung ner nofbyhgr penc. Vg srryf yvxr gurl whzcrq jvgu na vqrn gung jnfa'g jryy cynarq bhg naq ner abj fpenzoyvat gb rkcynva gurve pubvprf. Rira gur fubj'f perngbe ncbybtvmrq gb snaf nterrvat gung gurl jrag bss genpx guvf frnfba.

It's not a train-wreck like 24 was last season - that show had the most trite and bullshit story line coupled with the worst dialogue ever written for prime time - that's no understatement.

NBC is going to premiere a Heroes spin off. Maybe they might want to save that for next year. If Heroes continues down this road I'd be happier if they canned it.

I don't hold much hope for Lost when it returns. The network is making the show irrelevant by shortening the season and premiering it far too late into the season. Sorry but this late premiere and these fall finale concepts aren't working with me.

Prison Break was another ho hum fall run. Again, doesn't seem to be written by anyone who worked on season 1. Probably the kitchen/catering staff handled this one.

I do still like Reaper. Ray Wise is bloody excellent, but so are the main actors. Just a fun show. Fun is how I'd describe Pushing Daisies as well. Love the surreal palettes and set decor and the actors seem to really work well together. Quirky works for this show.

Grey's Anatomy is OK, but I didn't like last week's episode so much. The spin-off, Private Practice is enjoyable as well. My fiancée's favorite new show. She also likes Daisies but doesn't watch Reaper and Journeyman (though I'm sure she'd this one).

Hmmm... Didn't mean to hijack the thread. I wanted to dig up the old TV thread to post how I felt about Heroes as a venting exercise, but I'm trying to stay positive.

Edit: Fixed the color thing and used the spoiler tag. -wfaulk

Edited by wfaulk (01/12/2007 00:12)

#304507 - 30/11/2007 19:48 Re: Cool: Summer Glau gets to be a Terminator [Re: hybrid8]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Please watch the Heroes spoilers. I haven't watched any of Season 2 yet, as I want to watch the full thing once it is wrapped up.

#304508 - 30/11/2007 19:49 Re: Cool: Summer Glau gets to be a Terminator [Re: hybrid8]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Quote:
Prison Break was another ho hum fall run. Again, doesn't seem to be written by anyone who worked on season 1.

It was far better than season 2, though.

#304509 - 30/11/2007 20:27 Re: Cool: Summer Glau gets to be a Terminator [Re: wfaulk]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Quote:
Quote:
Prison Break was another ho hum fall run. Again, doesn't seem to be written by anyone who worked on season 1.

It was far better than season 2, though.

True, but it's been a little repetitive where last season there was a lot more variety, what with the bigger cast and all.

#304510 - 30/11/2007 23:44 Re: Cool: Summer Glau gets to be a Terminator [Re: hybrid8]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Quote:
OK, how do you color text?

Like this:

{color:red} your text here {/color}

except use square brackets instead of the curly-brackets I used (so that the script would display rather than execute). Thus:

your text here

tanstaafl.

#304511 - 01/12/2007 00:14 Re: Cool: Summer Glau gets to be a Terminator [Re: tanstaafl.]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

I fixed it for you, Bruno.

You can also just do [red] and [/red].

#304512 - 03/12/2007 21:07 Re: Cool: Summer Glau gets to be a Terminator [Re: gbeer]
ricin
veteran

Loc: US: CA
I watched the pilot a few months ago. It definitely has potential. I don't like to judge a show based on the pilot, so I'll leave any further comments to later in the first season.
ricin.us