Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#344468 - 24/04/2011 00:03 It's time for me to buy new eyeglasses
gbeer
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manteca, California
But I want to be more picky about the actual lenses I'll be buying.

The current sent of lenses are one of the varilux types of progressive lenses. Prior to them I had single vision lenses.

I had a terrible time adjusting to the progressives, still haven't not really. The lateral field of view was too narrow forcing me to turn my head. Which then causes a swimming that makes me, well not quite sick, but only because I now walk around staring at the floor ten feet in front of me.

I recently tried on my old pair of single vision lenses. Man o man do they now seem really awful. Worse than the progressive lenses I now wear, hated, and still dislike.

So I want to be more picky about the lenses I buy this time.

Anyone here have comparitive experience with lenses other than single vision and narrow FOV progressive style lenses? Or with lenses made by a specific manufacturers?

#344472 - 24/04/2011 13:47 Re: It's time for me to buy new eyeglasses [Re: gbeer]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
I was researching something similar a while back and came across iZon lenses, which, in turn, led me to this thread. There's some really interesting information there.

#344482 - 25/04/2011 02:19 Re: It's time for me to buy new eyeglasses [Re: wfaulk]
gbeer
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manteca, California
Interesting, Wow that thread really descended into a bash or iZon.

Most of the forum is couched in the shorthand of the industry pros with some noise, but there was one guy Darryl Meister with posts like this. Where he notes one of the problems with freeform lenses.