Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#363136 - 15/12/2014 08:41 Amazon Voyage?
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Anybody played with one yet? I've just read Jeff Atwood's post, and he seems to like it.

One question that remains unanswered, though: I really liked the fact that the Kindle Keyboard had page back/page forward on both sides, and was disappointed to find that I couldn't hold the Paperwhite in my left hand and advance pages so easily. The buttons are back on Voyage, but it's unclear (both on Atwood's review, and on the Amazon page) whether they're on both sides, or left=back, right=forward.

#363154 - 17/12/2014 02:46 Re: Amazon Voyage? [Re: Roger]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I'm not positive, but I think they're both forward... I think you can still tap on the screen too, though... But I could be wrong.

#363162 - 21/12/2014 13:17 Re: Amazon Voyage? [Re: Dignan]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Originally Posted By: Dignan
I'm not positive, but I think they're both forward... I think you can still tap on the screen too, though... But I could be wrong.
From one of the user reviews of the Kindle Voyage:

"Press the long vertical line on either side of the bezel to turn the page, and the dot sitting above it to flip back one page. You'll feel a slight vibration to confirm that you've pressed the sensor."

And, yes, all of the touch-screen features of the PaperWhite are still included in the Voyage.

tanstaafl.