I'm being given a used computer. The only catch - if I pull anything on the PC, I have to give my buddy the old parts. Not a bad deal! The machine is no screamer, but it's free! It is a K6-4 350khz w. 128MB ram. I'm not sure what size hard drive, he was guessing 10GB (it's been sitting in his basement for a few years).

I plan on putting a big 100GB drive in there and using it to backup my mp3 collection and later serve a Rio Receiver. It will basically be a file server. I MAY entertain using it as a ripper, but I won't have a dedicated monitor for it.

Oh yeah: If I decide to upgrade the motherboard and processor at a later date, will I have to re-load this thing? It wont be that big of a deal if I do, because my mp3's and other doc's will be on a seperate drive from the OS. But, I may consider getting a new motherboard and processor NOW if it will save me tons of work later. BUT, as a file server (and maybe other uses on my LAN later?) I think this will be fast enough.

So my question is: Should I install Windows 2K Professional or 98SE? I am guessing 2K would be the way to go, but wanted to see if anyone had any comments. I wanna stick with Windows here because both of those OS's are available right now and I've got enough on my plate before adding the need to learn a new OS.