Apple comes out with the Ipod. Nothing can touch it in terms of greatness (for a handheld). I buy one and use EphPod for Windows to sync it. It is great. But, everytime if screws up the filesystem (usually when I forget to unmount the Ipod before unpluging it) I have to bring it to the mall to get it restored. Very frustrating.

So, they got me. By not offereing official Windows software/drivers Apple has caused me to buy a Mac. Never, ever would I have considered buying a Mac prior to the Ipod. Granted, I bought the slowest Mac possible that can still use the Ipod but I have to say it's pretty good. I'm even considering buying a new Mac.

The one I have is a Beige Powermac G3 (300MHz) with 128MB of ram. I will probably upgrade this thing. I think I can take it all the way to the latest G4 processors.

I bought the Mac on eBay and it came with Mac OS 9.0.4 but no CD (legal?). I patched it last night up to 9.2.2 but am worried if I screw this thing up. If anyone on this board has a Mac OS 9 CD they would like to sell, let me know.

Whomever at Apple that decided to not support Windows with the Ipod should get a promotion. They roped me in.